none
Excel 2010 only show 10.000 elements

Question

• When i connect to SSAS cube from excel 2010, only show me the first 10.000 elements from the selected dimension. if i try to connect from office 2007 y can see all elements from the selected dimension.
    Héctor Fernando Sánchez Martinez
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:02 PM

Answers

• Héctor Fernando Sánchez Martinez,

What you've run into is a limitation of Microsoft Excel. Click the Question Mark button (?) in Excel to bring up the help menu and then type "specifications" without the quotes and hit Enter. Click "Excel specifications and limits". Under "Worksheet and Workbook specifications and limits" you will see an entry entitled "Items displayed in filter drop-down lists" and this number is 10,000 in Excel 2010. This limit is the same in Excel 2007, however Excel 2010 includes the search functionality to let you search the results and filter them down.

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Excel Support

Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:45 AM
  • Héctor Fernando Sánchez Martinez,

What you've run into is a limitation of Microsoft Excel. Click the Question Mark button (?) in Excel to bring up the help menu and then type "specifications" without the quotes and hit Enter. Click "Excel specifications and limits". Under "Worksheet and Workbook specifications and limits" you will see an entry entitled "Items displayed in filter drop-down lists" and this number is 10,000 in Excel 2010. This limit is the same in Excel 2007, however Excel 2010 includes the search functionality to let you search the results and filter them down.

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Excel Support

Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:55 PM