none
Can't block "junk" e-mails because the senders address is "not valid"?? RRS feed

• Question

• For the last few weeks, Outlook, (I think 2016) will not let me block e-mails because I get "Senders address is not valid"  or something real close to that.  How did the e-mail even arrive?  I can delete them but unable to block them.  Thanks for the help.

Saturday, January 21, 2017 3:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you trying to add some email address which looks strange to the blocked sender list? If this is the case, I'm afraid currently it's the expected behavior in Outlook. Only normal SMTP addresses can be filtered by Outlook Junk Email filter.

As a workaround, we can create Outlook rules to move these email to Junk Email folder or permanently delete them.

In addition, I'd recommend you submit a feedback about this issue to Microsoft via the UserVoice forum, which is the most direct channel our product team utilizes to collect suggestions and ideas from our customers. The product team will consider whether to change the behavior according to customer needs.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 23, 2017 8:20 AM