none
KCC won't generate connections - A database error has occurred (8409)

Question

• I'm having a whole heap of trouble with this AD Forest I've inherited at a new job.  The previous admins set up manual connection objects all over the place instead of using a proper Site Links-based design.  As I understand it they wanted "redundancy" between the various DCs in the child domains.  

Oh yeah, I should probably explain the environement.

It's a single Forest.  It contains a single domain (HQ.local) and 3 child domains (bangkok, nairobi, managua).  Now, it's complicated by the fact that each of the child domains has it's own, sort of "main office" site and then there are several other remote sites (each with their own DC) that can ONLY connect to main office site and not to any other remote site.

So, for example, take the Bangkok child domain.  It has a site (Bangkok) with 2 DCs.  That can connect to HQ.  Then there are 3 other remote sites (Kabul, Manila, Almaty) each with their own DC but they can only communicate with Bangkok (and NOT HQ or each other).

I'm trying to get the Site Links set up properly by disabling BASL first off and creating Site Link Bridges.

I've deleted the manually created objects from each servers NTDS settings but now when I run repadmin /kcc site:bangkok I get

DsReplicaConsistencyCheck() failed with status 8409 (0x20d9):
        A database error has occurred.

I strongly suspect replication is irrevocably broken between the DCs or, at best, they've become very disjointed.

I've been wrestling with this for days so any help would be greatly appreciated

• Edited by Ginolard1 Monday, June 6, 2016 8:22 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2016 8:21 AM

All replies