none
Canceled meetings - Outlook 2016 office 365 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Yesterday at 2:01pm PST I received multiple cancellations for a weekly meeting.  This meeting originates from user calendar to which i am delegate of  and was not done by himself or me.  user has checked his sent items just in case it was done in error and was not.  

I also have checked the rules and no rules found on any mailboxes

Mail trace result to doesn't show something that can trigger this 

Mxtool box when analysed the headers suggest nothing  

User have 2 Delegate but and none have any rules or have made any changes to the calendar 

this is happening intermittently . what can i do to fix this issue .

Monday, June 3, 2019 7:21 PM

Answers

• I used the Microsoft meeting analyser and it showed that Apple iPhone triggered this on its own and its a know issue reported to Microsoft .

Thank you for your time and help :)

Friday, June 14, 2019 10:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Let call the mailbox with problems as "User A", call you and another delegate as "Del A" and "Del B"

I want to confirm with you:

Is User A the organizer or attendee of the meeting?

Are you the attendee of this meeting?

Which kind of email do you received? Could you provide a screenshot about it to us?

Based on my testing, if User A is the organizer of the meeting, when some one cancel this meeting, his delegate will not receive email.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 6:07 AM
  • User A is the Executive assistant to User B  User C and User D and manages their calendar and meetings .

User B ,C, D calendar start sending cancelling meeting invites on random dates – User A and User B C D confirm they have not cancelled it .

This is happening randomly

I hope this helps or I can get more detail on this too

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 5:16 PM
  • Does User B,C,D is the organizer of those canceled meetings? Do you mean they sent out cancel request to other attendees of  this meeting?

If they are the organizer, I would suggest you try to remove delegate from their mailbox then check whether is this phenomenon gone, it this phenomenon gone, it means this phenomenon is caused by wrong operation from delegate.

If they aren't organizer of those canceled meetings, I would suggest you check whether this meeting is canceled by their real organizer.

As you description, this phenomenon happens randomly, it is hard to narrow down.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 7, 2019 3:04 PM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going on with this thread now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 8:59 AM
  • I used the Microsoft meeting analyser and it showed that Apple iPhone triggered this on its own and its a know issue reported to Microsoft .

Thank you for your time and help :)

Friday, June 14, 2019 10:38 PM
  • I am happy to see that you find the root cause, thanks for your sharing.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Monday, June 17, 2019 1:39 AM
  • The above logs clearly state that the cancelation was raised from users account using an iPhone9C4/1605.227 via active Sync.

Request you to please confirm If the user is using Outlook App on his iPhone or Native Calendar client. We have a known issue with the Apple Native clients on the iPhone which causes similar issues.

Please let us know if you have any concerns or queries on the above.

Warm Regards,

-------------------------------------------------------------

Imran Mansur

ImranMansur.Shaikh@office365support.com

Support Engineer| Exchange Online

My working hours: Monday – Friday (09:00 AM - 06:00 PM EST)

My Technical Lead: Harshad Dond | Email: v-9hadon@microsoft.com

My Technical Advisor: Pournima Bagalkot | Email : pournib@microsoft.com

My Team Manager: Neeraj Hariani | Email : v-9nehar@microsoft.com
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:52 PM