none
Cannot Open the file owssvr.iqy when trying to export Sharepoint List to Excel 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SharePoint List and when I select "Export to Excel" I get the prompt at the bottom of the browser asking whether to open or save the owssvr.iqy file but neither one of the option works with the message "The owssvr.iqy file couldn't be downloaded."

I am using Internet Explorer 11 and Office Standard 2010.  All the SharePoint add-ons are enabled on the browser.  Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Support has also been enabled.

What blocks the file from being downloaded?

Thanks, 

Friday, September 13, 2019 11:58 AM

All replies

• Are you using IE 32 or 64 bit?
    Saturday, September 14, 2019 3:14 PM
  • Hi KamalpreetSingh,

Has the problem been solved?

To troubleshoot this problem, you can follow the following steps:

1.Make sure use 32-bit version of IE.

2.Make sure your Office version is 32bit.

3.In excel application, please access FILE > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Message bar, check Show the Message Bar in all applications..option.

Looking forward to your update on this issue.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 16, 2019 3:22 AM
  • Hi ,

Has the problem been solved?

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 9:49 AM
  • Hi ,

I'm still paying attention to this issue.

If you have any questions, you can update them at any time.

Looking forward to your update on this issue.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 9:07 AM