none
MS Powerpoint RRS feed

• Question

• some times it hangs up the system and i have to wait 2-3 mins for doing a single function. what may be the cause?

Saturday, November 2, 2019 10:25 AM

All replies

• You can probably investigate in Resource Monitor in Windows. Start try to disable all add-ons in Options of PowerPoint if it helps. Try to also run updates, if possible. PowerPoint 2010 is now nearing end of suport, you should also consider on newer versions of Windows to run latest version.
    Saturday, November 2, 2019 1:39 PM
    Owner
  • Hi,

What version of PowerPoint did you use?

Did you get any error messages when PowerPoint hanged?

Did this problem appear in a specific file or all PowerPoint file?

Try to close all other programs in Windows and check if this problem is related to programs conflict.

Open PowerPoint in safe mode: Press Win + R, type "PowerPoint /safe" in the blank box, press Enter. If it works fine in safe mode, please check the add-ins in your PowerPoint and disable them.

I also suggest you refer to this support article about how to troubleshoot PowerPoint no responding problem:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/powerpoint-isn-t-responding-hangs-or-freezes-652ede6e-e3d2-449a-a07f-8c800dfb948d

Any updates please let me know and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, November 4, 2019 7:04 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:50 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't heard from you for several days. I'll write a brief summary here for your information:

[Issue Symptom:]

PowerPoint crash.

[(Possible) Cause:]

User's information about this problem is not very clearly, need more information.

[Troubleshooting Steps so far:]

Try the safe mode and provide how to troubleshooting PowerPoint no responding methods.

[Next Step:]

If this issue still existed, try to clean boot and confirm if there are any third programs occur this problem, collect logs.     

[Reference Links:]

====================

PowerPoint isn't responding, hangs or freezes

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 8:54 AM