Outlook Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I exported my Outlook PST from my old machine, selecting all the items (the top root item). I copied it to my new machine. Imported it into my new outlook. And now new Outlook is not updating or syncing any emails. 

The outlook on old machine is working fine and updating inbox and other folders as usual. 

Kindly help me with my issue as am sure outlook client has some issue and needs some fix. 

Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

What's the type of your account? POP, IMAP or Exchange?

If you are using IMAP or Exchange account, as I know, emails in IMAP or Exchange account are all synced with their mail server. When you add your email account to a new Outlook client, you need to wait for synchronization to complete first, and then import other more items if you really need.

>> I copied it to my new machine. Imported it into my new outlook. And now new Outlook is not updating or syncing any emails.
    When did you import your PST to your new Outlook? If you import a data file while outlook is syncing, I'm afraid this might cause duplicate items which may lead to sync errors and make Outlook not update or sync any emails.

>> Kindly help me with my issue as am sure outlook client has some issue and needs some fix. 
    To make Outlook sync with mail server as usual, it is suggested to try deleting the send and receive file(.srs)  of your email account and restarting outlook client to see if there is any difference. 
    Location of the .srs file:  C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.

Corrupted profile may also cause issues like this, if the issue still continues, please try to create and use a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and re-add your email account to see if the issue could be resolved.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 1:59 PM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Saturday, July 4, 2020 6:14 AM
  • Hi ,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you think my reply is helpful to you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 8:04 AM
  •  And now new Outlook is not updating or syncing any emails. 

Hi AsifAliAslam,

Is the new Outlook configured with the same email account as your old machine?
    Any errors if you click the Send/Receive All folders button?

Please refer to the suggestions shared by Jeff and see if the issue can be fixed. Should you need further assistance on this problem, please feel free to post back with more details. Thanks!

This Outlook IT Pro Discussions Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Outlook IT Pro Discussions will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:10 AM