Presence Unknown with Office 365 domain RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following setup 1 FE server, 1 Director server, 1 Edge Server, 1 Web Apps server and 1 Proxy server running IIS ARR in an on-premise setup.  I have setup federation and can successfully federate with almost all domains I have tried but my wife's work domain doesn't work.  They are the only Office 365 domain I know about.  We keep getting Presence Unknown after a minute or so after waiting.  I cannot see her users and she cannot see mine but both of us can see other domains including Microsoft support who is also using Office 365.  We have a web hosting company maintaining our webpage and the client is for some reason trying to use that domain's IP address instead of using the domain listed in the SRV record which shows online.  How can I fix that?
    Monday, March 10, 2014 3:26 PM

Answers

• This issue has been resolved.  The problem was DNS related at our web hosting provider.
    • Marked as answer by LDW-AR Tuesday, March 18, 2014 1:06 PM
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 1:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To narrow down the issue, you can first perform clean boot to have a test with the help of the link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Please also double check if you miss something (such as Default verification level) in the page of “Edit SIP Federated Provider” in Lync server control panel “Federation and External Access” option with the help of the link below:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj552445.aspx

Best Regards,

Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 13, 2014 1:16 AM
  • Performing a clean boot had no effect on the issue.  Federation is properly set up for Lync Online users.  I think the issue is within the DNS properties of the Office 365 domain but I cannot find how to change the DNS settings to verify this fact.
    Friday, March 14, 2014 4:39 PM
  • This issue has been resolved.  The problem was DNS related at our web hosting provider.
    • Marked as answer by LDW-AR Tuesday, March 18, 2014 1:06 PM
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 1:06 PM