none
querying tracking log messages by sender doen't show results RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

when querying for messages sent by specific sender in our domain using message tracking tool while the input is 

sender :X@mydomain.com  server :srvhc01 (one of my hubcas server ) ,the tracking log doesn't show any results

although the message of the sender was received by that server srvhc01 ,I can view the logs of the mesages in programfiles/microsoftlexchangeserver/v14/transportroles/logs/messagetracking of server (srvhc01)

when querying for messages sent by specific sender in our domain using message tracking tool while the input is 

sender :X@mydomain.com  server :srvhc02 (one of my hubcas server )

it display the result of all messages sent by that sender this in case all the messages was received by srvhc02

this our topology

I have 4 exhcange servers with exchange 2010 SP1

srvhc01 & srvhc02 load balanced cas array and run hub role

srvmbx01 & srvmbx02 have mailbox role and are dag members to dag-group-1

Monday, October 14, 2019 1:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since you could see the message tracking logs on the server srvhc01, please try the cmdlet below to track the outbound messages:

Get-TransportService | Get-MessageTrackingLog -Sender User@domain.com -MessageSubject "Subject" -Server:srvhc01 | Sort-Object Timestamp

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:31 AM
  • HI kelvin,

I tried the power shell the result is nothing ,I searched for what services  could affect the tracking log in internet  but I found nothing 

could kasperesky security for exchange cause that because all components of kasperesky is installed on server hc01 but not in srvhc02

I will get a screenshot once I reach my company cause it's 5:45 am now
    • Edited by om zeyad Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:45 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:43 AM
  • Hi,

The third-party antivirus software also might interrupt Exchange service, I suggest you disable/uninstall it temporarily on the affected Exchange server, then try again.

Regards,
    Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Friday, October 18, 2019 6:22 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this thread?

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:09 AM