none
How to edit the msRTCSIP-line attribute? RRS feed

• Question

• Right now my auto attendant cannot transfer calls to user lines.  I believe it is because of this msRTCSIP-line attribute.  However, all the articles I've read say something like "use ADSIedit to add the msRTCSIP-line attribute."  That's not really helpful at all.  Can someone explain how you use ADSIedit to add the msRTCSIP-line attribute?
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Honestly if you are asking how to use ADSIedit to edit a basic attribute then maybe you shouldn't be :)  ADSIedit is good way to trash AD objects (or even the entire domain) if you are not comfortable in using it. (Think of it as regedit for your AD forest).

That said, take a look at these old articles for some background on the msRTCSIP attributes and how to edit them:
    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Lists/Posts/ViewPost.aspx?ID=29
    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Lists/Posts/ViewPost.aspx?ID=20

A safer approach can be to locate the AA object in Active Directory Users and Computer (make sure you have the Advanced View enabled) and then you can use the Attribute Editor tab to edit the desired attribute without using ADSIedit itself.

Jeff Schertz | Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | Lync MVP

• Marked as answer by JasonBurns Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:42 PM
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:52 PM
  • I have no qualms admitting that I absolutely do not feel comfortable messing with ADSI edit.  I just got handed this project with absolutely zero experience with Lync or UM and have had to learn it all from the ground up.

However, you are my favorite technet person in the world for telling me that I can edit that straight from AD.  I never found another article that mentioned that, all of them were these crazy scripts dumping things to CSV and then importing them back in, which to me basically spelled out "try this and hope you don't accidentally active directory."

Now... I look at that and it appears we already have an entry in the msTRCSIP-Line option.  At this point I'd like to assume the fetal position and cry for a while, as our AA still can't route calls to extensions claiming "the call cannot be transferred."  My deadline for this project is Monday, and I just don't know what else to do to get this to work.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:20 PM
  • This is a long-shot, but take a look at this article: http://blog.schertz.name/2010/11/lync-calls-to-exchange-auto-attendant-fail/

Otherwise check the Application event log on the Exchange UM server and the Lync Server event log on the the Lync server to find out more about the specific error that is reported.

Do calls to the Subscriber Access number work?

Jeff Schertz | Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | Lync MVP

Saturday, March 31, 2012 12:16 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.  I had read that before making my AA actually, so I made sure there were no spaces in the name.  Does subscriber access == voicemail?  I can dial voicemail and get to the auto attendant to have it read my emails, calendar entries, etc. if that's what you mean.
    Monday, April 2, 2012 9:05 PM
  • The threads linked in this post are no longer available for view; would you happen to have an updated link? I am working with a customer who is looking to enter normalization syntax in said field and cannot seem to find information stating whether this is possible and or best practices regarding said field of data.

Thanks in advance,

.\JJ

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:33 PM