none
Office 2016 application problems with Intel HD Graphics driver RRS feed

• Question

• I have a HP 250 G3 laptop.

I have windows 10 build 15.11 with all the updates.

On device manager , under Graphic Adapter section , i see 2 graphic adapter :

Intel HD Graphics Family

Nvidia Geforce 820M

On this laptop i have installed Office 2016.

When i open Word or Excel or any other office program , i get a similar error like :

" Microsoft Word has stopped working..."

After 2-3 seconds the message window is gone and nothing happend. The program is not open.

On Event Viewer , i see an error :

Fault application name "...."

Fault module name : igd10iumd32.dll version 10.18.15.4256

I've found that this file is related with Intel HD graphics driver. I have updated the drivers with the latest version , but the problem is the same. After i have uninstalled the Intel HD drivers , and keep the Microsoft basic standart driver.After that all the office applications are working correctly. I have reinstalled again graphic drivers , and the problem reappear. I've done a format and reinstall system and programs , but the problem is the same.

How can i resolve this problem ? Thank you !

Monday, March 14, 2016 1:01 AM

Answers

• Update

I've done another test and it seems that the problem is not just Intel HD graphics , but the existence of 2 graphic adapters on this laptop. I have disabled Nvidia , and the office applications are working OK. also when I have uninstalled Intel , the office applications are working ok. But when both cards are enabled , the office aplications have the problem.

...If I disable intel , the system works with basic Microsoft driver and not use the Nvidia.

Thank you for the update and sorry for the late reply.

It seems these two Graphics drivers have some kind of compatibility issue, which is causing Office not working correctly.

I would suggest you check in the dedicated Windows forum and see if there is any way to force Windows to use your Nvidia driver. You can try in the following forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprogeneral

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 21, 2016 3:00 AM

All replies

• After i have uninstalled the Intel HD drivers , and keep the Microsoft basic standart driver.After that all the office applications are working correctly. I have reinstalled again graphic drivers , and the problem reappear.

You already finished the necessary troubleshooting steps. The result above just indicates that the specific driver does not work well with Office 2016.

This definitely is something to take up with the manufacturer. I would suggest you contact the support of the manufacturer or post in their forum to see if there is a known compatibility issue with Office 2016.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 14, 2016 7:12 AM
  • Ok , but as I wrote in my first post , the laptop has 2 graphic adapter.

Is there any possibility in windows , to force using only NVidia instead of intel HD ?

I have detected that in most of the time the intel graphics is used.

and another thing :

I've found this article that describe that Microsoft knows this problem :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2983468

The problem is that I can't found anywhere the package that this article suggest to install LDDM User Mode Driver for Intel(R) ?????

Update

I've done another test and it seems that the problem is not just Intel HD graphics , but the existence of 2 graphic adapters on this laptop. I have disabled Nvidia , and the office applications are working OK. also when I have uninstalled Intel , the office applications are working ok. But when both cards are enabled , the office aplications have the problem.

The problem is that if I disable the Nvidia , system works correctly with intel , but the intel adapter is very poor with graphics and video applications. If I disable intel , the system works with basic Microsoft driver and not use the Nvidia.

What can I do ?

• Edited by dcode25 Monday, March 14, 2016 4:55 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2016 2:45 PM
  • Update

...If I disable intel , the system works with basic Microsoft driver and not use the Nvidia.

Thank you for the update and sorry for the late reply.

It seems these two Graphics drivers have some kind of compatibility issue, which is causing Office not working correctly.

I would suggest you check in the dedicated Windows forum and see if there is any way to force Windows to use your Nvidia driver. You can try in the following forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprogeneral

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Monday, March 21, 2016 3:00 AM