none
Reinstall Office 2010 after reinstalling Windows Vista

Question

• I make a clean re-install of Windows Vista on a machine that had Office Professional 2010 on it.  Then I re-installed Office 2010, but when I try to activate it I get notification that the product key is invalid.  It was valid the first time I installed it.  How do I activate?
    Friday, December 30, 2011 1:56 AM

Answers

• Thanks to the responders.  I called the help center in India, and they found that I had a version for developers with a product key that expires.  They provided me with a working copy of Office 2010 and a good key which I installed and activated without any trouble at all.  I must say that I do not understand people's complaints about tech support from India.  You could not ask for better support than what the Microsoft center provided.  They (more than one person) worked hard to solve a difficult problem, and gave me exactly what I needed.
    Friday, December 30, 2011 4:47 PM
  • without hardware changes or drivers, it should be activation successfully.

per your post, you should call by

For United States & Canada (800) 344-2121

For a List of Country-Specific Phone Numbers Click Here

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish
    • Proposed as answer by DonPick Friday, December 30, 2011 11:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Max MengModerator Monday, January 2, 2012 8:33 AM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 3:23 AM

All replies

• without hardware changes or drivers, it should be activation successfully.

per your post, you should call by

For United States & Canada (800) 344-2121

For a List of Country-Specific Phone Numbers Click Here

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish
    • Proposed as answer by DonPick Friday, December 30, 2011 11:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Max MengModerator Monday, January 2, 2012 8:33 AM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 3:23 AM
  • Hi, this article should help:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836178/en-us
    Don
    Friday, December 30, 2011 3:46 AM
  • Thanks to the responders.  I called the help center in India, and they found that I had a version for developers with a product key that expires.  They provided me with a working copy of Office 2010 and a good key which I installed and activated without any trouble at all.  I must say that I do not understand people's complaints about tech support from India.  You could not ask for better support than what the Microsoft center provided.  They (more than one person) worked hard to solve a difficult problem, and gave me exactly what I needed.
    Friday, December 30, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback!

Max Meng

TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 2, 2012 8:32 AM