Rotating On-Call Dispatch in Lync 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, once more.

I was hoping that someone might give a solution to another complicated scenario in Lync 2013.

I have two Response Group workflow's deployed. One is an on business hours hunt group, which forwards all calls to front desk with no automation. The other is an after hours automated IVR, that provides option for connecting to dispatch, etc.

We have three dispatchers of whom rotate being on-call by week. Is there any way that I can integrate automatic rotation by the week in Lync 2013 on-prem? I do have mobility deployed and they each have smartphones with the Lync 2013 client installed and ready to go.

Thank you for any, and all suggestions.

Friday, December 19, 2014 8:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Base on my knowledge, so far it is impossible to achieve the request by changing the Routing method. The simplest way is to add only “Dispatcher A” to the Response Group Agent list for one week, then remove the user and add “Dispatcher B” in the Agent list.

Best Regards,
    Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Monday, December 29, 2014 2:32 AM
    Tuesday, December 23, 2014 2:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Lync mobile client can’t use the function of Response Group so far.

So you need to forward the call to their mobile numbers. To forward the call to another telephone number, click Forward to telephone number, and then type the telephone number. The format for the telephone number is <number>@<domainName> (for example, +14255550121@contoso.com). The domain name is used to route the caller to the correct destination.

More details:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205321.aspx

Best Regards,
    Eason Huang

Eason Huang

Monday, December 22, 2014 6:18 AM
  • Yes, thank you. But, is there a way to forward the call made from IVR to "Dispatcher A", from 9:00 AM for a week then to "Dispatcher B", 9:00 AM Monday morning the next week etc.? How would I achieve this? Is there a script that someone can link me to?

The only Routing methods I can see, is Longest Idle, Parallel, Round robin, Serial and Attendant. I need a routing method similar to Round Robin to accommodate a weekly format or a "window of time". I need the Response Group to forward ONLY to the person ON-CALL for one week then, rollover to the next person the next week.  Is this possible?

Am I going about this the wrong way?

Is there a different solution to this approach?

Any available information is greatly appreciated.

Monday, December 22, 2014 4:21 PM
  • Hi,

Base on my knowledge, so far it is impossible to achieve the request by changing the Routing method. The simplest way is to add only “Dispatcher A” to the Response Group Agent list for one week, then remove the user and add “Dispatcher B” in the Agent list.

Best Regards,
    Eason Huang

Eason Huang

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Monday, December 29, 2014 2:32 AM
    Tuesday, December 23, 2014 2:00 AM
  • That's not good, as we wanted to eliminate the possibility of missed calls due to user/admin error.

Thanks anyway.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 5:17 PM
  • Hi,

You can feedback on the link below:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/lync/archive/2012/11/01/lync-app-feedback-you-asked-and-here-it-is.aspx

Best Regards,
    Eason Huang

Eason Huang

Monday, December 29, 2014 2:31 AM
  • So, for anyone else with the same inquiry, here is a script I ultimately, ended up creating. It does work by removing the first agent in the list, waiting 5 minutes, then re-adding that agent back to the bottom of the list. I set this to run every week via Task Scheduler.

Import-Module Lync

$Variable = 
    Get-CsRgsAgentGroup -Identity service:ApplicationServer:server.company.net -Name "Dispatch" |
     Select -ExpandProperty AgentsByUri |
     Select -First 1 -ExpandProperty AbsoluteUri

$remove = Get-CsRgsAgentGroup -Identity service:ApplicationServer:server.comapny.net -Name "Dispatch"
    $remove.AgentsByUri.Remove($Variable)
    Set-CsRgsAgentGroup -Instance $remove

Start-Sleep -s 300

$add = Get-CsRgsAgentGroup -Identity service:ApplicationServer:server.company.net -Name "Dispatch"
    $add.AgentsByUri.Add($Variable)
    Set-CsRgsAgentGroup -Instance $add

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:14 PM