none
Is it possible to disable the + button at the bottom of a view where Inline Editing in enabled?

Question

• As per the title, I have a list view where Inline Editing is enabled. I need to know how to disable or hide the green plus icon at the bottom of the list (Add new item).

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 8:53 PM

Answers

• Hi KansaiKel,

Maybe I misunderstood your meaning. You want to hidden the Green Plus sign when the page is loaded and you are using Inline editing to edit items.

If yes, you can just only need to add the CSS code into the page, not need the JavaScript code.

<style type="text/css">
    .ms-listviewtable img[alt='New']{
      display:none;
    }
    </style>

You can use <!-- and --> to comment the JavaScript code, like:

Best Regards,

Wendy

Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by KansaiKel Tuesday, October 14, 2014 2:58 PM
    Monday, October 13, 2014 2:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think this link describes a solution for your problem

http://pravin-pawar24.blogspot.com.es/2010/09/hide-add-new-item-link-on-sharepoint.html

Regards.

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 10:29 PM
  • Thanks but not quite. I already know how to do that in a regular list view web part. But when inline editing is enabled, it doesn't work. 
    Wednesday, October 08, 2014 11:15 PM
  • Hi KansaiKel,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to hidde New items button when using Inline editing in SharePoint 2010.

For this issue, I suggest you use Javascript to achieve it. You can open the list via SharePoint Designer 2010, and open the AllItem.aspx page then add the following JavaScript code under the ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderMain" :

<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"> </script> <style type="text/css"> .ms-listviewtable img[alt='New']{   display:none; } </style> <script type="text/javascript"> var interval= setInterval(function(){hideNewBtn()}, 900); function hideNewBtn() {     var save=$(".ms-listviewtable img[alt='Save']");        if(save.length>0){

$(".ms-listviewtable img[alt='New']").hide();                    } else{                 $(".ms-listviewtable img[alt='New']").show();     } } </script>

Like the screenshot:

Best Regards,

Wendy

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wendy Li

Friday, October 10, 2014 6:51 AM
  • Thanks Wendy. 

I have tried your suggestion with the Javascript. Went into SharePoint Designer and added the code into my .aspx page as you described above.

When I go back to my view in SP, I still see the Green Plus sign. Although, when the page loads initially it appears after about a second.

Friday, October 10, 2014 2:52 PM
  • Hi KansaiKel,

Please try to delete the following code in the above code, compare the result.

<style type="text/css">
    }
    </style>

In addition, in my testing, the result is:

Best Regards,

Wendy

Forum Support

Wendy Li

Monday, October 13, 2014 2:20 AM
  • Hi KansaiKel,

Maybe I misunderstood your meaning. You want to hidden the Green Plus sign when the page is loaded and you are using Inline editing to edit items.

If yes, you can just only need to add the CSS code into the page, not need the JavaScript code.

<style type="text/css">
    }
    </style>

You can use <!-- and --> to comment the JavaScript code, like:

Best Regards,

Wendy

Forum Support

Wendy Li

• Marked as answer by KansaiKel Tuesday, October 14, 2014 2:58 PM
    Monday, October 13, 2014 2:32 AM
  • Thank you Wendy! That solution works great.

So all that is needed is this:

<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"> </script> <style type="text/css"> .ms-listviewtable img[alt='New']{   display:none; } </style>

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 2:58 PM