none
Office Deployment Tool - Error when downloading to network share RRS feed

• Question

• See attached file.

Error 30029-1007 (0)

Plenty of space, plenty of internet.

this was as a result of running setup /download with a correct share and a correct config.xml file with the share location in.

any help gratefully received
    Monday, November 23, 2015 3:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

This occurs when you have a relative path specified in the SourcePath the configuration.xml. To workaround this issue, you will need to specify an absolute path (UNC or Local folder) in the SourcePath attribute of the configuration.xml file.

For the details, you can refer to this blog below:

Office 365 ProPlus (2016) Couldn't Install error 30029-1007 (0) when trying to install using the Office Deployment Tool (ODT)

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 1:53 AM
  • No that wasn't it.

The command line I entered had an error in.

I had an incorrect setup-exe syntax

Many thanks for the suggestion anyway

Sunday, December 13, 2015 1:42 PM
  • I received the same error and found that if I omitted the xml file from the command line syntax it would work. It defaulted to the xml file named configuration.xml.

Running the command C:\ServerFolders\Users\Office365\setup.exe /download configuration.xml failed

Running the command C:\ServerFolders\Users\Office365\setup.exe /download worked

• Proposed as answer by Stuart Selby Saturday, September 2, 2017 2:45 PM
    Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:52 AM
  • Hello Ed!
    Please allow me to post images of the error code I'm receiving for the installation of office 365 deployment tool
    Pro Plus Retail through my University.
    I have posted already in the Microsoft Tech Group.
    Basically I am needing to install this full package offered online through my University in a different location.
    I have downloaded the deployment tool, modified configuration of the .xml document, but the error comes
    when attempting to download the package.  I get an error code of 30088-1077.
    I'd really like to be able to use this software because it's made available to me because I am a student.
    Please allow me to post screen shots!
    Cheers!
    Shalom!
    Saturday, February 18, 2017 1:08 AM