none
Issue with copying files to shared folder on 2019 DC from W10 workstation RRS feed

• Question

• I have a weird issue where i can't copy files or folders to shared folders on our Windows Server 2019 DC from my Windows 10 1903 workstation.

When i try to copy files or folders into the shared folder on the 2019 DC it just hangs until i get a message about missing network connection to the shared folder.

I have also noticed that File Explorer takes some time to show the drives on the DC while the copying job is active

However, when i copy something from our other servers (2008r2 and 2012r2) to the 2019 DC there is no problem at all. Also when i copy from the W10 workstation to the other servers there are no issues...

I have tried making new test-shares with full read/write access for everyone and also for my user specifically.

I also tried making a shared folder directly on the Hyper-V host and i get the same problem.

The 2019 DC is a VM in Hyper-V with failover cluster.

The physical machine is a Lenovo SR530 with Server 2019.

Seems to me that something is up with the communication when it comes to W10 and Server 2019...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:48 AM

All replies

• This is a quick note to let you know that I am currently performing research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.
    If you have any updates during this process, please feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 11, 2019 2:07 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum!

1.>>When i try to copy files or folders into the shared folder on the 2019 DC it just hangs until i get a message about missing network connection to the shared folder.

Could you please upload your error message screenshot?

2. Please help me check if there is any realted erro Event ID in Event Viewer.

3. if we copy files or folders on Win10 to a common folder on 19DC instead of shared folder, is it ok?

4. As a workaround, we can try to copy files or folders with robocopy command?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/robocopy

Hope this can help.

Best Regards,

Daniel

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 11, 2019 8:59 AM
  • Hi,
    Just want to confirm the current situations.
    Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:21 AM
  • This is the error message i get. It's in norwegian but it basically says that it can't access the shared folder. Check network connection and try again.

If i go straight to \\dc2019\d$\program i get the same error.

What should i check for in the Event Viewer?
    Should i check both the workstation and the DC?

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:22 AM
  • Can you access this path? \\dc2019 or \\dc2019\d$

Please check here and upload your screenshot

Best Regards,

Daniel

Friday, October 18, 2019 9:46 AM
  • I can access the server shares and d$ with no issue, but when i try to copy something i get the same bug/network disconnect. I can however create new files, folders etc.

Friday, October 18, 2019 9:52 AM
  • Please check if use another account to log on in Windows cerdentials.

In addition, for file permission issue, AD expets mabe can provide more suggestions.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserverDS

Good luck!

Daniel

Monday, October 21, 2019 6:44 AM
  • This is what i see in credential manager

Monday, October 21, 2019 8:11 AM
  • I noticed that you opened a new thread in AD forum, the expterts over there can give you more suggestions.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:19 AM