none
MSN MoneyCentral Investor Stock Quotes discontinued - now what?

Question

• Hi, I have been happily using the MSN MoneyCentral Investor Stock Quotes in Excel for some time now.

Now all it comes back with is the following message: "We are improving the way that stock quotes are delivered to MSN Money users. Unfortunately, this means we are no longer able to provide financial market information to you in this format."

OK, I do understand it is MSN's prerogative to change their service at will. But still , it would be helpful if they could provide some suggestions for alternatives ways to achieve the same thing.

Can anyone suggest good, safe, free to use alternatives for getting stock quotes into Excel spreadsheets the way this used to be provided by the MSN service?

Thanks in advance

Patrick

Saturday, July 22, 2017 11:11 AM

All replies

• Hi, I have been happily using the MSN MoneyCentral Investor Stock Quotes in Excel for some time now.

Now all it comes back with is the following message: "We are improving the way that stock quotes are delivered to MSN Money users. Unfortunately, this means we are no longer able to provide financial market information to you in this format."

OK, I do understand it is MSN's prerogative to change their service at will. But still , it would be helpful if they could provide some suggestions for alternatives ways to achieve the same thing.

Can anyone suggest good, safe, free to use alternatives for getting stock quotes into Excel spreadsheets the way this used to be provided by the MSN service?

Thanks in advance

Patrick

Patrick; see here:-

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-mso_other/msn-money-tickers-stopped-imporing-in-excel/71f371b7-b4f7-4993-a090-be7cd5692179 

- in particular the posting from Angela Pun on Jul 15/17.

Does that enable you to take things forward?

Saturday, July 22, 2017 12:39 PM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information of trip_to_tokyo was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 28, 2017 9:34 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

The suggestion does not resolve my issue as it works only for Excel 2016.

From the other postings it seems the service is simply discontinued by MSN which is disappointing, especially the way it has been done.

Thanks and regards

Patrick

Saturday, July 29, 2017 2:34 PM
  • The problem here is that Stock Connector only seems to download US stock data. There's a whole big wide world out there, and I have no investments in US stocks.
    Thursday, December 7, 2017 6:05 PM
  • My broker allows this very thing using real-time watchlists with open, high, Low, last, volume, average volume and many other useful entities.  Relatively small amounts will enable you to open up such an account with many brokers with their on-line platform.  what are you doing with your excel spreadsheet?
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 12:33 AM
  • Have you found a way to get stock info from other than US markets? Most of the stocks that I'm interested in are on Canadian exchanges.
    Sunday, October 28, 2018 10:05 PM