80070008 Error with Active Sync

Question

• As above keep getting this message when trying to sync my pds with my laptop. Has been owkring fine and sync was working up until 2 days ago when I get the error message.

Have reinstalled the software and still no joy. Using a dell laptop with a HP iPaq.

Error code from what I can find is out of memory???

Any help appriciated

Monday, July 09, 2007 1:30 PM

All replies

• Similar Issue.

Updated sync to 4.5.0 and have error code 80070008.

Possible issue with Outlook 2007?

Hmmmm!

Sunday, August 05, 2007 11:56 PM
  • go to tools>options. click on the name of your desktop pc that your synch'ing with, click settings. DONT CHANGE the conflict settings, but have a tinker with them (move it to replace on desktop, then back again etc). Click save settings...even though you havent changed them. Worked straight away for me! Been annoying the *** outta me for ages....Weird bug obviously.
    Thursday, August 09, 2007 8:52 AM
  • I did as you've suggested Timbo, however the error still pops up and the phone, and imate Jasjam, won't sync calander changes made in outlook or the phone

Any other suggestions?  I've also uninstalled and reinstalled version 4.5 of Active Sync

Friday, August 31, 2007 12:51 AM
  • My situation like matt76cut; working fine then all of sudden not.  Uninstalled, reinstalled upgraded to 4.5 etc.  I have also done all the little quirky attempts at a solution and have had no luck.  This is making my device useless or the PC.  Any new help?

Thanks in advance for anything.

Friday, August 31, 2007 4:26 PM
  • I think this trouble is Pocket PC RAM related.  When you go into Settings/System tab/ Memory/ Running Programs tab Choose "Stop All".  When I re-cradled; my Sync functioned perfectly.  Hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by Irgi02 Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:57 AM
    Saturday, September 01, 2007 1:10 AM
  • help!!!! this is driving me crazy.  any suggestions?

Saturday, September 01, 2007 3:43 PM
  • What F man !!!! Please advise on how to correct this Error Code. I'll try anything at this point  !!!!!

Sunday, September 02, 2007 3:03 PM
  • I tried the option settings, which did not work, but may have helped. Ultimately, the PDA (HTC 8125) Stop All memory reset was the last thing I did before all worked again correctly.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:35 AM
  • Thank You for all the assistance.

Here were some solutions. My PDA does have sync probs now and again but these were some solutions.

1.)Went to tools and then options, I selected the name that I chose for syncronisation and clicked settings. I did not change the conflict settings, but had a tinker with them (moved it to replace on desktop, then back again etc). I Clicked save settings (even though I had not changed them. (Timbo1973)

2.)Upgraded to most recent activesync.  (Some reconfiguring-nothing lost)

3.)Pocket PC RAM related.  When you go into Settings/System tab/ Memory/ Running Programs tab Choose "Stop All".  When I re-cradled; my Sync functioned perfectly. somedayzz)

4.)It picked up the wrong usb driver(Once), changed the driver and it was back up again. Seemed to happen when I removed the pda from the cradle and quickly returned it.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 5:20 AM
  • all you need to do is a soft reset of the iPaq

Friday, September 07, 2007 1:47 PM
  • how?

Saturday, September 08, 2007 3:54 AM
  • Thanks a lot it worked fine!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 7:23 PM
  • Thanks a lot, it worked fine for me too.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 7:24 PM
  • Hope this help too, i deleted my mobile device, reconnected and added again. It helped. Good Luck! 

Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:04 AM
  • I didn't do anything, just turned of my laptop to head home from work, and the next time i synced, a couple of days later, it worked without any issues and has since.

Bloody stupid software
    Thursday, September 27, 2007 7:29 AM
  • On your mobile, stop all programs (settings>system tab>memory>running programs tab).
    Thursday, September 27, 2007 12:04 PM
  • I thank you for posting your solution because it worked for me as well!  Problem solved thank you once again very much.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 4:11 AM
  • 100% agree. When the RAM drops low, this error crops up. I think it is only newer versions of phone and active sync software. I had old Orange ROM and Activesync 4.1 and never had this problem.

After updates this appeared.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 8:24 AM
  • Dear wdelaet

THANKYOU.  I am a very, very beginner computer user trying to set up Outlook with my email & link my imate jasjam. I had just got it all working & encountered this error, so I did a google search and found your answer and it worked!!!

I have not been able to organise our technician at work to sync my jasjam with our work server, so I simply send my weekly work appointments via bluetooth to my jasjam.

I think I have reached the best solution a novice can, but you don't know how fantastic it is to have people put answers up for people like me!

THANKYOU

Kass C.

Saturday, January 26, 2008 1:07 AM
  • Closed all running programs and it synced fine again.
    SI
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:59 AM