none
Email tries connecting to a shared network? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Picture attached

I have a user who's subscribed to The Economists and every time they open an email from them, it tries connecting to //t.myvisualiq.net. I don't like the idea that it's doing that, but the user says it started happening recently. Is there a way I can prevent emails from trying to connect to something external? I imagine it's doing that because the email includes ADs at the bottom of it. If there's no way I can reliably do that, is there a way I can prevent ADs from loading in an email or prevent emails from a certain domain to stop loading pictures in the email altogether? I checked the safe sender list and recipient. I don't see the email address or the email domain there, so I can't just remove it from that.

Thanks

Friday, July 8, 2016 8:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What's your account used for subscription in Outlook? Please remove the subscription for The Economists from Outlook temporarily. Then confirm if it connects to  //t.myvisualiq.net when you click any Inbox emails.

If the issue only happens to your subscription emails, please check your subscription settings, confirm if any URLs are related to myvisualiq.net. Additionally, please start Outlook in safe mode, then confirm if there is any issue when clicking the subscription emails. Maybe any add-ins load when you click them.

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 11, 2016 7:35 AM