none
Lync conversation chat doesn't open in Android RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm building a mobile hybrid application and i'm facing with an issue for several days. I don't know if it's possible or not, but I have the need to open the Lync conversation chat by using the window.open javascript call.

I tried the following URL schemes, but without luck:

• window.open('sip:' + address, '_system'); -- doesn't open Lync at all
    • window.open('sip://' + address, '_system'); -- doesn't open Lync at all
    • window.open('lync://' + address, '_system'); -- only opens Lync, but no conversation chat
    • window.open('lync://' + address + '?chat', '_system'); -- only opens Lync, but no conversation chat
    • window.open('lync:' + address + '?chat', '_system'); -- Lync crashes

I managed to open conversation chat on my desktop browser simply with IM:<sip:user@address.com>, but it doesn't work on Android.

I didn't test such calls on iOS, but several forums saying that sip: should work.

Which is the action to open the conversation chat?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, November 23, 2015 9:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• Manugal,

Did you try to post this development related question to the following instead:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/home?forum=communicatorsdk

Thanks / rgds,

TechNet/MSDN Forum Moderator - http://www.leedesmond.com

Monday, November 23, 2015 10:13 PM
  • Hi Manugal,

Thanks for posting to Lync forum. However, since you’re facing issues related to Lync development, it would be best that you post your query in the forum link that Desmond Lee mentioned. You would receive better suggestions in that forum. Let us know if you need any further information. We’ll be glad to help.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 1:52 AM
  • Ok, thank you. I'll do it.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 10:42 AM