none
How to add IF -ELSE condition for FAST-TRACKED Process into SharePoint Designer Workflow 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello There,

I am having trouble adding fast tracked process condition into my workflow. I am using SharePoint 2010 farm and designer 2010. I have created custom lists and modified in InfoPath 2010.

I have one main form called "Request Form" and then 4 other lists for Committees and 1 list for Recruiter. 

So when user submit the request in "Request Form" list the workflow kicks off automatically. Workflow will look for lookup field called "Work unit: Assignment Group" and based on that assignment group workflow will copy that item to their associated committee list. 

For Example: if assignment group is SP then workflow will copy that current item and paste it in to SP Committee list then once committee approved it will go to Recruiter's list. 

But if the metrics number is ≥ 1 in the form for "Cont committee" then the workflow should directly copy that request into recruiter's list and should not go through that committee list. I just need that equation for Cont Committee only and not for other committees and when i add a condition in my workflow that is applying for all the committee which i do not want. 

Please see below screenshot for workflow.

Please advise. And i would appreciate if you could explain with screenshot. 

Thank you so much for your help and time. 

priti patel

• Edited by priti59 Friday, June 28, 2019 5:08 PM
    Friday, June 28, 2019 5:07 PM

Answers

• Hi, prtiti39,

According to your description, i assume the workflow shall run the fast-tracked if-else part only when the assignment group NOT equal any of the three groups above( Acu, Facilities, SP). In other words the workflow shall jump to the read box part. Please set me right if that i get anything wrong. 

You need to make the red box part the else-if branch of the SP committee part. When the assignment group not equal SP (Also means it does not equal ACU or facilities), then go to the 3PP prod if condition. 

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by priti59 Monday, July 1, 2019 1:58 PM
    Monday, July 1, 2019 2:56 AM
  • Hi, priti,

According to your requirement, adding assignment group= Cont condition in the SP else branch. Then add a if condition in side the Group= Cont Part to check 3PP. 

The flow chart shall be like this as my assumption:

And the workflow structure will be like this:

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by priti59 Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:57 PM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi, prtiti39,

According to your description, i assume the workflow shall run the fast-tracked if-else part only when the assignment group NOT equal any of the three groups above( Acu, Facilities, SP). In other words the workflow shall jump to the read box part. Please set me right if that i get anything wrong. 

You need to make the red box part the else-if branch of the SP committee part. When the assignment group not equal SP (Also means it does not equal ACU or facilities), then go to the 3PP prod if condition. 

Best Regards

Jerry

• Marked as answer by priti59 Monday, July 1, 2019 1:58 PM
    Monday, July 1, 2019 2:56 AM
  • Hi Jerry,

I am sorry but i do not get it. I tried adding condition after SP part.

I added if assignment group is not equal SP, Acu or Facilities and 3pp is ≥ 1 copy item to recruiters list. It is still not working. 

What I want to do is if 3pp ≥ 1 for assignment group "Cont" then only copy to recruiters list if 3pp is less than or equal to 1 then copy to "Cont" list. How can i add this equation in the above workflow please explain. 

Thanks you for all your help. 

priti patel

Monday, July 1, 2019 2:03 PM
  • Hi, priti,

According to your requirement, adding assignment group= Cont condition in the SP else branch. Then add a if condition in side the Group= Cont Part to check 3PP. 

The flow chart shall be like this as my assumption:

And the workflow structure will be like this:

Best Regards

Jerry

• Marked as answer by priti59 Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:57 PM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 8:44 AM
  • Got it thank you Jerry, 

I am going to try this today and i will let you know how it works. 

Thank you so much. 

priti patel

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:58 PM
  • That worked perfectly fine you are a rockstar. 

Thank you very much. 

priti patel

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:28 PM