none
Not really a 2013 Question RRS feed

• Question

• I have migrated all mailboxes and public folders.  I ran add/remove program for Exchange 2003.  It is gone form add/remove programs but the Program still exists under all Programs.  How do I finalize this now?

Wade Harris

Monday, July 15, 2019 9:22 PM

All replies

• I have migrated all mailboxes and public folders.  I ran add/remove program for Exchange 2003.  It is gone form add/remove programs but the Program still exists under all Programs.  How do I finalize this now?

Wade Harris

Delete the folder?
    Monday, July 15, 2019 9:37 PM
  • Hi,

You can try to restart your computer and check if the program still exists. 

As Andy mentioned, check if any related folders are not deleted.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:22 AM
  • I have restarted numerous times.  The program group is still there and the system manager still opens.  However, the program is no longer in add/remove programs.

Wade Harris

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:15 PM
  • Hi Wade,

Try to remove the Exchange 2003 from ADSI Edit. 

Important: ADSI Edit must be handled with care. Modifying the attributes using ADSIEdit can cause significant issues with your infrastructure if something is done in a wrong way. We would suggest you make a backup before modifying.

Here is a blog, you can get some information from it: Manually removing Exchange 2003 from the migration process

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:47 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful.

Does ADSI Edit help you remove the Exchange 2003 completely? If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 1:55 AM