none
Remove or change sharepoint site in file open dialog RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are currently setting up our SharePoint online site and would like to change the file/open, file/save options inside Word, Excel etc.

As it stands it opens our top level site showing documents, templates, site assets etc. and I cannot see a way to browse to our test site or site collection. If I paste the site URL it says you can't open this site.

So, my question is, is there any way to change this link or browse from the top level to one of our sites. Failing that is there a way to remove this connection so that it doesn't confuse our users.

TIA

Baz

Friday, August 11, 2017 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>As it stands it opens our top level site showing documents, templates, site assets etc. and I cannot see a way to browse to our test site or site collection. If I paste the site URL it says you can't open this site.

Based on my testing, we should be able to browse to sub sites or site collection via modifying the site URL in the Open/Save/Save As dialog. Have you verified that you have enough permission to the sites?

Besides, we may also try go to the SharePoint site first, and then try opening a document in your desktop app. This should add the SharePoint site as a recent location in your Office desktop app under File > Open/Save/Save As. You can then try to click the recent SharePoint location and see whether you will get the same result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 14, 2017 7:16 AM