none
Promoted Links RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Can anyone help.

I need to open a new browser window with specific height and width. I know how to do this using basic JavaScript on a text link, but is there a way I can use one of the tiles in  promoted links? so when a specific tile is clicked it opens a new browser window with set width and high. The SharePoint open dialog function will not work for what I need.

Thanks

Kieran

Friday, March 16, 2018 2:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Kier4n,

To open a new browser window with set width and high, you can set Launch Behavior as Dialog and modify the size of the dialog when click the promote links.

The following CSS style for your reference, we can add the style into a content editor web part to modify the dialog size.

<style type="text/css">
    .ms-dlgContent
    {
        width:617px !important; 
        height:448px !important 
    }
    .ms-dlgBorder
    {
        width:615px !important; 
        height:446px !important 
    }
    </style> 

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 19, 2018 7:54 AM
  • Hi Lisa,

Thank you this information, but the the dialog function does not work for what I need. I need it to open a new browser window when only one of the tiles is clicked. However, this is also very handy to know.

Many thanks

Kieran

Monday, March 19, 2018 8:53 AM
  • Can anyone help with the following as I have run into a dead end.

Basically when someone clicks a promoted link I need it to open a new browser tab with specific high and width set. The launch functions dialog and  New Tab do not work! for what I need. Is there any JavaScript that can be used? 

Monday, March 19, 2018 1:45 PM
  • Hi Kier4n,

Do you want to open promoted link with new tab or dialog?

The code I offered is working when you want to open promoted link with new dialog.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Sunday, March 25, 2018 7:43 AM