none
Sending emails from Exchange Server to Postfix Server 2013 in the same domain RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Exchange 2013 server with domain domena.pl. As an external server, I have a postfix from doemna domena.pl. The Postfix server receives the mail and forwards it to exchange. I have mail accounts on the postfix server from which the mail is not transferred to exchange. At the same time, I would like to send emails to these accounts on the postfix server from Outlook via Exchange. Unfortunately, Outlook shows that such an account does not exist. How do you set up a send connector for a Postfix server?

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

With my research, it's not supported that Exchange outbound messages route to the local Postfix server. For internal routing, Exchange server only routes messages to native or other Exchange servers. 

About Postfix server forwarding email to Exchange Server, there's no related official guidance, it’s suggested that contacting with Postfix support team to double confirm. You also could refer to the link below, which might help you.

How to configure your Linux Postfix server to forward email to Exchange Server 2013

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 18, 2019 3:35 AM
  • Hi ,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?

If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:24 AM