none
Skype client keep on showing connecting when undock the system

Question

• Facing the Skype client log in issue while docking and undocking the laptop.

laptop running with Windows 10 OS

Skype client version (UCCAPI/15.0.4875.1000 OC/15.0.4875.1001 (Skype for Business))

Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Muruga85,

Did you mean when you lock and unlock the your laptop, then your SFB client can’t log in successfully, is that right?

If this is your issue, please try the following method:

1. Use another computer test if there is the same issue, and you could also try to test with another account on this laptop.
    2. Please perform a clean boot on your computer and test again.
    3. Try to delete SFB cache file and test again: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com
    4. Install the latest update for your SFB client and your windows system.

If all users had this issue, please check if there are any event IDs in SFB FE server.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 2:04 AM
  • Hi Muruga,

Please specify what do you exactly mean by "undocking" the laptop. As far as I know, SFB loses its connection and show "Connecting" only when suddenly network is unavailable e.g. network cable is unplugged.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. Thanks.

Friday, April 21, 2017 5:27 AM
  • Hi, Docked means connected to wired network,

Undocked means Laptop switched to Wi-Fi network

issue:

Laptop docked Skype able to login

Laptop undocked Skype automatically login after 15 to 30 seconds

Again docked back skype unable to login , it remains disconnected until we click cancel sign in.

• Edited by Muruga85 Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:41 PM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:40 PM
  • So when you dock again does the laptop close the wireless connection? You might then have 2 connections and the client does not know which connection to use if wifi is still connected...
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:46 PM
  • When I dock again laptop switched wireless to wired so it is disconnecting and trying to login but no luck.
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:45 PM
  • I have tried all methods but no luck.

I configured manual settings and client login after one minute.

Automatic configuration only having the issue.

Thursday, May 04, 2017 6:29 AM