none
Outlook 2010 Find A Contact Does not work

Question

• I have Outlook 2010.  Earlier in week downloaded from Constant Contact add-in to load contacts directly from Outlook to constant contact.

In the "home" screen on email the "Find A Contact" area would not work, I could not place a cursor much less type a name or company to have the contact record pop up.

I removed the Add-In for Constant Contact.

The problem still exists.  When I first open Outlook the "Find A Contact" works, after I switch to calendar or another program and come back it no longer works.

I use the "Find A Contact" function all the time and would like its functionality to be restored. 

Help? 

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Friday, January 07, 2011 6:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Try a new Outlook profile.

Here are the detailed steps on how to create a new profile to test this issue
    ==============
     1. Exit Outlook.
     2. Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.  
     3. Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.
     4. Click Add.
     5. Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.
     6. Highlight the profile, and choose Properties. Then Email Accounts.., add your email account in the profile.
     7. Start Outlook, and choose this new profile.

If this problem does not occur in the new Outlook profile, the old Outlook is corrupted. We can delete that and use a new Outlook profile.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:27 AM
    Monday, January 10, 2011 8:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try a new Outlook profile.

Here are the detailed steps on how to create a new profile to test this issue
    ==============
     1. Exit Outlook.
     2. Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.  
     3. Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.
     4. Click Add.
     5. Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.
     6. Highlight the profile, and choose Properties. Then Email Accounts.., add your email account in the profile.
     7. Start Outlook, and choose this new profile.

If this problem does not occur in the new Outlook profile, the old Outlook is corrupted. We can delete that and use a new Outlook profile.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:27 AM
    Monday, January 10, 2011 8:09 AM
  • HELP.

I have the same problem.

The "Find a Contact" field cannot be opened to type anything into. I have tried creating a new profile and that does not resolve the issue.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:01 PM