none
How can I recreate this SharePoint 2010 job board in O3665 now that email enabled lists are no longer available? RRS feed

• Question

• We've been using an email enabled list in SharePoint 2010 to create a job board. External business partners are able to email job postings to the list. You can see the job board here if you are interested (pardon the expired security certificate): https://portal.ulgm.org/career/default.aspx.

We're trying to make a complete migration to Office 365, and email enabled lists are no longer an option. I'm looking for some advice on how I can mimic this functionality. We don't mind starting from scratch, and it's okay if we can't migrate over the old data. Basically, we're looking for:

(1) A way that external customers can email job listings to us.

(2) A staff member can be notified and review, edit, and approve those listings.

(3) Listings can be viewed by anonymous visitors.

Thanks!

Saturday, June 13, 2015 10:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

To better understand your requirement, I'd like to confirm the following information:
    1. Do you want any new created/changed list to be notified, reviewed, edited and approved? If so, could you try creating an Approval workflow to see if it helps? For more details, please see: All about Approval workflows.

2. Do you want external users to view these listings? How about using external sharing via email invitation or a guest link? For your reference: Share sites or documents with people outside your organization.

If anything is unclear, please let us know. We're always here for you.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Eric Tao Thursday, June 25, 2015 7:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric Tao Monday, June 29, 2015 10:33 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2015 7:52 AM