none
Need help with IF statement formula RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have the formula ready:

=COUNTIF('AUs Tracker'!K:K, "1*")

This formula counts how many items that have marked as "1". How do I add to this formula that checks to see if this item is Yes first then count the items that has "Yes" that is marked as "1". If it is no, don't count any items.

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 3:39 PM

Answers

• This is essentially the same as I was thinking. Create a Proxy column with the values of columns B & C combined using "Concatenate" and then use "CountIf" on that column. That should do it.

Ethan

Ethan Strauss

• Marked as answer by MDN555 Thursday, March 7, 2019 4:15 PM
    Tuesday, March 5, 2019 7:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You have a column with "Yes" and one with "1"? Here are two solutions:

1) Make a proxy column with those two concatenated together:

2) If you are using Office 365, use the function "Countifs"

If I have misunderstood the situation, please give more detail about what you need.

Thanks,

Ethan

Ethan Strauss

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 4:58 PM
  • Ethan,

Thank you for your help. I just realized I looked at the wrong column. Here is an example I am looking for total with "??" on the cell.

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 6:55 PM
  • This is essentially the same as I was thinking. Create a Proxy column with the values of columns B & C combined using "Concatenate" and then use "CountIf" on that column. That should do it.

Ethan

Ethan Strauss

• Marked as answer by MDN555 Thursday, March 7, 2019 4:15 PM
    Tuesday, March 5, 2019 7:30 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information of Ethan Strauss was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 8:17 AM
  • Ethan,

I just tested it on my excel spreadsheet and it worked. Thank you very much for your quick assistance.

Matthew

Thursday, March 7, 2019 4:15 PM
  • Hi Emi,

Thank you very much for follow up. Ethan was very helpful and very quick. I appreciate it.

Matthew

Thursday, March 7, 2019 4:17 PM