none
HTTP 500 Internal Server Error when logging into Exchange 2013 SP1 /ECP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

So after lot of effort finally here,

We have 3 Exchange server as below

1-EXCH MAILBOX/CAS

2-CAS

3-MAILBOX 

currently all users are connected with 1-EXCH MAILBOX/CAS and wokring fine with /owa /ecp, internal and external directories.

then i decided to configure DAG with Mailbox servers, so setup mailbox and cas two addidtional servers. after setup CAS i'm trying to access new CAS server /ecp and /owa with localhost but getting HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

Tried:

.changed framworkclr verion 2.0 but no luck

.rebuild ecp/owa virtual directories but same issue

Please suggest me further t-shoot. 

Thanks 

Sunday, July 7, 2019 11:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There can be multiple reasons behind.

One way to check the issue is verify IIS logs. Make sure that the virtual directory authentications are set properly.

Another quick check is, check the Bindings in IIS and see you have a valid certificate assigned to the websites

Regards From: Exchange Online | World of Cloud Computing

Sunday, July 7, 2019 2:51 PM
  • Thanks for reply. 

virtual directories authentication are basic, fba (formbase auth)

yes IIS binding is correct with valied Microsoft Exchange certificate.

IIS logs pointing to RPC 

RPC_IN_DATA /rpc/rpcproxy.dll fe97fe64-b602-451e-b161-175dbf471b89@xyz.com:6001&CorrelationID=<empty>;&RequestId=fad050f0-c9ba-4970-9259-eb40157c3bba&cafeReqId=fad050f0-c9ba-4970-9259-eb40157c3bba; 80 - 192.x.x.x MSRPC - 401 1 2148074254 0
    2019-07-07 06:26:04 192.x.x.x RPC_OUT_DATA /rpc/rpcproxy.dll fe97fe64-b602-451e-b161-175dbf471b89@xyz.com:6001&CorrelationID=<empty>;&RequestId=16f2de20-ff94-4c16-9d38-a72e53dc096d&cafeReqId=16f2de20-ff94-4c16-9d38-a72e53dc096d; 80 - 192.x.x.x MSRPC - 401 1 2148074254 0

Sunday, July 7, 2019 3:41 PM
  • Please check if the following settings are maintained in IIS:

Default Web Site > mapi >
    Authentication: Anonymous: Disabled
    ASP.NET Impersonation: Disabled
    Basic Authentication: Disabled
    Digest Authentication: Disabled
    Forms Authentication: Disabled
    Windows Authentication: Enabled -Providers: --NTLM
    Exchange Back End > mapi >
    Authentication: Anonymous: Disabled
    ASP.NET Impersonation: Disabled
    Basic Authentication: Disabled
    Digest Authentication: Disabled
    Forms Authentication: Disabled
    Windows Authentication: Enabled -Providers: --Negotiate:Kerberos NTLM

Regards From: Exchange Online | World of Cloud Computing

Sunday, July 7, 2019 4:12 PM
  • >>after setup CAS i'm trying to access new CAS server /ecp and /owa with localhost but getting HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

Which mailbox that you used to login OWA with https://localhost/owa?

I would suggest you try to create a new mailbox which hosted on your new Exchange server's database, then try to use it login OWA.

If you could login it successfully, it means there doesn't exist issue with this new Exchange server itself. This issue may caused by proxy between new and old server. I would suggest try to disable firewall for both Exchange, then try to login mailbox again.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 8, 2019 5:55 AM
  • I matched the IIS config as you mentioned but still same error.

Now i just re-installed Exchange SERVER 2013 SP1 CU both role CAS/Mailbox on same server but still getting the same error

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

now i thinking this might be something in Active Directory causing this issue.?

please advise further 

Monday, July 8, 2019 9:39 PM
  • I matched the IIS config as you mentioned but still same error.

Now i just re-installed Exchange SERVER 2013 SP1 CU both role CAS/Mailbox on same server but still getting the same error

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

now i thinking this might be something in Active Directory causing this issue.?

please advise further 

Have you confirm whether is this caused by proxy between your two servers?

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6:45 AM
  • firewall is disabled on both servers, even i have recently installed the EXchage 2013 CU 22 on both server as it was suggested by some other fourm but error still persist. 
    Saturday, July 13, 2019 8:35 AM
  • Where are those mailboxes located, new server or old server?

Do you try to create a new mailbox which hosted on new server's database, then try to logon new server with local host?

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:47 AM
  • Yes, i tried its working new mailbox over new server database, now i have configured DAG between mailbox's server and copied the database on new mailbox server. now both server have same databases but still user not able to login owa getting 404 page error over new mbx server.  it seems might some permission need to be configured on new mailbox server? 

Sunday, July 21, 2019 7:04 PM
  • >>Yes, i tried its working new mailbox over new server database

Do you mean that you use a mailbox which hosted on this new Exchange server could login new server's OWA successfully?

If so, there may doesn't exist issue with this new server's OWA itself.

Let us call your new Exchange sever as Server B, old server as Server A.

Does this phenomenon only occur when you use Server A‘s URL to login a server B’s mailbox?

If so, I would suggest you check whether those two OWA are using the same authentication methods, it they are use the same authentication, I would suggest you have a check on network.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 1:41 AM
  • Let's recall it, currently, i configured DAG on SERVER A  and SERVER B, i have two databases which are hosted on both serverA and serverB and active copy on serverA. 

i can login into owa with SERVER-A localhost or IPAddress or virtual directory, but when i try to login owa via SERVER-B owa address or localhost getting 404 page not found error which seems SERVER-B unable to read the databases even it is part of DAG and having copy of db1 db2. 

actually, the site has load balancer appliance and the client wants CAS should act as HA round-robin. which is only possible when both SERVER-A and SERVER-B access the owa.

have applied all the solution over the internet but no luck. please if guide anything missing

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:01 AM
  • Does there exist mailbox that hosted on server B? We still cannot make sure whether there exist issue with server B's OWA.

I also would suggest you have a check authentication methods for both of them, make sure both of them using the same  authentication.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Monday, July 29, 2019 8:59 AM