none
Exchange Mailbox Stats RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I wanted to pull information  on  a  particular exchange mailbox.

For instance how many emails go to a particular mailbox for a week, month, year etc.

How do I go about that?

We exchange 2013

thanks 

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 12:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Message tracking logs can help you (Just need to make sure that those are available for duration which you want).

Here is example:-

Get-TransportServer | get-messagetrackinglog -Recipients:test@test.com-EventID "RECEIVE" -Start "3/13/2019 12:00:00 AM" -End "3/19/2019 12:00:00 AM"

Thanks,

Ashish

MCITP, MCT, MCSE

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”

Note:- Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 5:22 PM
  • <g class="gr_ gr_13 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="13" id="13">Hi</g> thanks for your help.

This is what <g class="gr_ gr_31 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="31" id="31">i</g> get 

A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'RECEIVE'.
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Get-MessageTrackingLog], ParameterBindingException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Get-MessageTrackingLog
        + PSComputerName        : aismtp.aic.local

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>
    Tuesday, March 19, 2019 7:05 PM
  • Hi,

Get-TransportServer | get-messagetrackinglog -Recipients "test@test.com" -EventID "RECEIVE" -Start "3/13/2019 12:00:00 AM" -End "3/19/2019 12:00:00 AM" -resultsize unlimited

If you want to count then use below:-

$msg = Get-TransportServer | get-messagetrackinglog -Recipients "test@test.com" -EventID "RECEIVE" -Start "3/13/2019 12:00:00 AM" -End "3/19/2019 12:00:00 AM" -resultsize unlimited

$msg.count

Thanks,

Ashish

MCITP, MCT, MCSE

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”

Note:- Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 9:00 AM
  • Hi,

Message tracking log only could find email within 30 days by default, you can use command below to check it:

Get-TransportService | fl MessageTrackingLogMaxAge

Regards, 

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 12:28 PM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 25, 2019 8:12 AM
  • Haven't received your update for a long time, any update about this thread now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 2:08 AM