none
Sharepoint Workflow Migrated not working correctly RRS feed

• Question

• We migrated an on premise Sharepoint 2013 to Sharepoint Online, and most of the functionality is the same, however our expense approval workflow seems to always send back the forms rejected, even is approved is selected.

I can see the section in the workflow where it is reaching, and for some reason the if/else always moves to the else, which rejects the form. Anyone have any issues like this? I can upload the section of the workflow if necessary. 

Thursday, December 22, 2016 2:09 PM

All replies

• Hi tkeaston- yes, please provide your workflow so we can help you troubleshoot.

cameron rautmann

Thursday, December 22, 2016 3:18 PM
  • This is the section I seem to reach , if I set it to approved it just triggers the rejected else statement.

Friday, December 23, 2016 1:31 PM
  • Do any of the actions in the first section get executed? For troubleshooting, use log actions after each step to see what's getting executed and what's not. That way you'll see exactly where the workflow breaks.

cameron rautmann

Friday, December 23, 2016 1:40 PM
  • How exactly did you migrate the workflow?  In the last few migrations that I've done, most tools wouldn't migrate workflows, they'd instead need to be recreated.  Metalogix Content Migrator is the only tool that attempted to move workflows and previously I've had to edit them to restore functionality.

I've noted the workflow logic below and will come back if I see anything amiss.

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Friday, December 23, 2016 1:42 PM
    Answerer
  • Here is the workflow log so you can see it reach that section.

Friday, December 23, 2016 2:16 PM
  • I used Metalogix, I did edit it, and it all looks correct, but it still kicks back in that section.
    Friday, December 23, 2016 2:18 PM
  • That's leading up to the section, but you need to log the steps in the part of the workflow you provided to see where it stops working.

cameron rautmann

Friday, December 23, 2016 2:20 PM
  • I logged all the way up to that step and it goes all the way up to there. It's just not processing that IF/Else how I want it to.
    Friday, December 23, 2016 3:42 PM
  • Hi,

Please add a Log to History List step above the If condition to log out the Variable: IsItemApproved1.

And for narrowing down the issue scope, please create a new approval workflow for testing to see if the issue still occurs.

Best Regards,

Victoria 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 12:00 PM
  • I logged all through the workflow, it is reaching the section, and isn't failing per se. It just isn't executing how we want it to. There must be an issue with the IF statement somewhere, I am not sure if there was a change in the way workflows work somehow between 2013 and online?
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 2:30 PM