Visio 2013 freezes editing drawing RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user that keeps having issue's with visio 2013.  I have re installed, repaired, checked add-on's.  Can't figure out why there visio keeps freezing up while highlighting a drawing.  The main file size she is opening up is only 4.8 MB.  Does anyone have any ideas what could be the issue.
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 7:35 PM

Answers

• Hi LIShelpdesk,

Does this issue only occur on a file or on other files? Is there any error code or message when Visio 2013 freezes?

First make sure your application and driver are up-to-date.

If updating your drivers doesn’t resolve the issue, we can try this method to check if it’s helpful by clicking File > Options > Advanced > Disable hardware graphics acceleration.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2768648/

If this issue persists, please collect the event viewer logs and upload it to OneDrive. I’ll analyze this issue in detail as soon as getting information.

More information about event logs:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-information-event-logs-event-viewer#1TC=windows-7

Best regards,

Greta Ge
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

• Proposed as answer by Greta Ge Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:20 AM
    • Edited by Greta Ge Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by George123345 Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8:36 AM
    Monday, September 22, 2014 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hi

How utilized is your machine at the time of you using visio? Is it only that specific visio file or all of them?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 19, 2014 7:58 AM
  • Hi LIShelpdesk,

Does this issue only occur on a file or on other files? Is there any error code or message when Visio 2013 freezes?

First make sure your application and driver are up-to-date.

If updating your drivers doesn’t resolve the issue, we can try this method to check if it’s helpful by clicking File > Options > Advanced > Disable hardware graphics acceleration.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2768648/

If this issue persists, please collect the event viewer logs and upload it to OneDrive. I’ll analyze this issue in detail as soon as getting information.

More information about event logs:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-information-event-logs-event-viewer#1TC=windows-7

Best regards,

Greta Ge
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

• Proposed as answer by Greta Ge Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:20 AM
    • Edited by Greta Ge Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by George123345 Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8:36 AM
    Monday, September 22, 2014 3:00 AM
  • Just in case anyone comes across this more recently.   Found with a touch screen MS Pro laptop that kept freezing. Draw for a bit, then would just freeze.  Had to use Task Manager to even close it. After much searching found in Task Manager (CTRL/ALT/DEL) locate the 'Touch keyboard and Handwriting Panel' and End the task Visio would become usable again.  Now just have to do that each time use Visio.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 2:04 PM
  • I still have this issue, and ending the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting" task did not fix it.

This is making Visio 2019 Pro unusable in our organization.

Anyone else found a fix for this?

Microsoft, please reach out to me.

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 5:57 PM