none
Accessing SharePoint Services remotely RRS feed

• Question

• What is the recommended way to access sharepoint services remotely? I am assuming the best practise is to use WebDav or the object model, however, the latter does not support remote accessing of SharePoint. Will the service interfaces on WSS3.0 be published, or is the right way to develop a facade on the SharePoint server, that uses the object model and presents the necessary functionality via the facade?

Thanks for your ideas and recommendation!

Friday, November 2, 2007 7:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• It depends what you mean by "remote access", but as you mention the Object Model, I would think that web services would be the way to go. Check out http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms458991.aspx

/Lars

Friday, November 2, 2007 12:39 PM
  • Have you any idea where to get help on Document Versioning using MOSS web services? 

We have implemented our document management solution using SharePoint and the web services, but are now battling find info, especially related to document versioning.  There seems to be no way readily available to upload a document version.  We can upload a single document, but not versions thereof.

Web Services support seems scant – everybody is using the object model.

There has been a comment that this will only be made available with SP1?!?

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 1:30 PM
  • Hmm, haven't tried it, but I think I'd try:

1) [Lists.asmx].CheckOutFile() (pardon the notation).

2) [Lists.asmx].UpdateListItems() - Update the item

3) [Lists.asmx].CheckInFile()

/Lars

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 8:19 PM