none
PowerPoint 2016 is blocking extensions

Question

• I'm having an issue with PowerPoint 2016 blocking vbs extensions. Error is as followed, Microsoft PowerPoint Security Notice. Office has blocked access to the following embedded object to keep you safe. <file name>.vbs I've tried allowing everything I could through the Trust Center Settings. I then tried clicking on the "?" button and it brought me to a ms support page. I went through the registry and was unable to find the mentioned key (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office<Office Version><Office application>\Security\PackagerPrompt) Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advanced.

Friday, November 10, 2017 8:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Kyle,

How did you open or insert this .vbs file in PowerPoint 2016? Could you please share the detailed steps about it?

If you want to use the Visual Basic codes to run in PowerPoint, please try to open the Developers tab in PowerPoint 2016, click Visual Basic to open VB window, click Insert > Module, copy and paste the codes to the Module to save it. Then run it.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 9:37 AM