none
Outlook 2010, Unread Mails

Question

• I am a Windows Live Mail user and have been thinking of migrating to Office Outlook 2010. I am very happy with the WLM feature of displaying all Unread mails in one tab. The Unread Mails tab would gather unread mails from all my accounts and display them under one pane. I can't be able to do that with Outlook. There is a section called Inbox, but it never fills up and i have to view my emails by going into each account's inbox separably. Anyway to fix this?

And i have also been facing another error where is says that outlook can not write in Sent Mails because the IMAP server or something like that does not let it write or something. What error is this and what problem will i face? And any way to fix this? I have been having a hard time setting up outlook, so it would help me alot if you could help.

Monday, January 10, 2011 4:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no the feature like you say. But under every account has a unread mail folder.

The Unread Mail folder is one of Outlook's default Search Folders (Search Folders: Virtual folders that contain views of all e-mail items matching specific search criteria. The items remain stored in one or more Outlook folders.).

If deleted, you can create it again.

1.In Mail, on the File menu, point to New, and then click Search Folder.

Tip   You can also open the New Search Folder dialog box by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+P.

2.In the Reading Mail section, click Unread Mail.

3.Click OK.

Note   This procedure works for restoring any default search folder; choose that folder in the New Search Folder dialog box.

For your second issue, when you got the error message? What was the account type did you use?

Sincerely,

Harry 

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:35 AM