none
Unable to restore RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 11, and I am trying to restore my MS authenticator.  However, it keeps telling me that there is no info in the iCloud.  Don't know where to go from here.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Saturday, October 19, 2019 5:56 PM

All replies

• Me too!!!
    Monday, October 21, 2019 2:59 AM
  • Same here, switched from IOS to Android, when i tap "begin recovery" and I login it says "unable to recover" "your backup is not stored with email etc...... At same time I have enabled recovery on old phone and codes are still there.

Being able to recover them was the only reason i switched to MS authenticator really, well going back to authy...

• Edited by qwerty1y Monday, October 21, 2019 5:42 PM
    Monday, October 21, 2019 1:32 PM
  • Same here, switched from IOS to Android, when i tap "begin recovery" and I login it says "unable to recover" "your backup is not stored with email etc...... At same time I have enabled recovery on old phone and codes are still there.

Being able to recover them was the only reason i switched to MS authenticator really, well going back to authy...

I think this is normal.. backup on IOS is done on icloud, and on Android i presume on google drive ..

so impossible to restore from different platform.

The biggest problem is that after 1 year the problem of restoring data on same platform (in my case) is still present.

Each time i switch or reformat my phone, i have to recongfigure all accounts on authenitcator

Fabrizio

Friday, October 30, 2020 8:05 PM