none
Internet Information Services is not installed... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I have an issue I've never run into.  I have a client that deploys patches with WSUS, and one of the servers he deployed to happened to be a SharePoint WFE (which is Windows NLB with another server that had no problems) on Windows Server 08 R2.  After the latest run of patches were installed, SharePoint stopped working - no more browsing to either User sites or to Central Administration.  As with SharePoint patches, you do the ol' SharePoint Products configuration Wizard, but it came up with the error:

Internet Information Services is not installed.  You must have Internet Information Services installed to run the Configuration Wizard.

And then it closes.  Checked IIS services - all required are running.  I figured I'd uninstall SharePoint - no can do, because PSConfig (part of the repair and uninstall process) has to run, and it can't because it thinks IIS is not installed.  I uninstalled IIS and the Application Server Role, then reinstalled them - same issue.  I honestly don't know what more to do.  Anybody face this before?

Thanks!

Gene.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From your narration, you have reinstalled the IIS7 on Windows Server 2008. Problem still exist. So I suggest you install IIS 6.0 management compatibility, then check the result.

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Rock Wang TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 28, 2012 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

From your narration, you have reinstalled the IIS7 on Windows Server 2008. Problem still exist. So I suggest you install IIS 6.0 management compatibility, then check the result.

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Rock Wang TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 28, 2012 7:48 AM
  • I installed all of the IIS components, but am still receiving the error on Server 2012 R2/SharePoint 2013 after the October 2015 CU.
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 6:37 PM
  • If you are receiving the problem on Server 2012 R2, then first check if the IIS Admin Service is "Disabled" (due to the script that you can run to install the CU) - if it is then set it back to Automatic, start it, and re-run this wizard. If you do not have IIS 6.0 installed as a Role then you need to do that as well.  See this description: https://melcher.it/2014/02/sharepoint-2013-cu-august-2013-internet-information-services-installed/
    • Proposed as answer by KRPeck Friday, April 29, 2016 2:14 PM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 11:04 PM
  • IIS Admin Service was set to Disabled on my servers. This was due to AutoInstall powershell scripts had been used installing the CU.

Just set the IIS Admin Service back to Automatic, and then click Start. Then go back to the Configuration Wizard and continue.

Kind regards, Frank-Ove

• Proposed as answer by Dean Gross Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:23 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2016 8:56 AM
  • Works for me :-) thanks
    Friday, March 27, 2020 8:51 AM