none
Outlook 2007 Pop3 Account Duplicating E-mails RRS feed

• Question

• So, this is the scenario:

I work at a company and there is a group that share one e-mail account that is configured as a POP3 protocol. There is a problem goin throught all week, when I configure the e-mail account that is used with a new and clean profile at the "e-mail" section at control panel, it goes all good, the account is succesfully configured and download all the e-mails that are left on the server / .pst clean and updated file (whatever the option), but when I click "send / receive" option to update and receive only the new e-mails, all the e-mails that already have been downloaded, come all over and over again to download.

I can't unmark the option "left a copy on the mail server" because it would make the e-mails disappear when downloaded in a new profile.

I've tried many solutions and none of them worked (download only headers, import the clean .pst file backup and tried to send/receive to receive only the updated e-mails that ain't on the e-mail box). 

I wanna know if there is anyone have this annoying problem and have got any solution to this without unmarking the "left a copy on mail server."

Ps: I've marked office 2010 option because there is no 2007 option.

Friday, October 6, 2017 1:40 PM

All replies

• Hi fmcrede,

>> when I configure the e-mail account that is used with a new and clean profile at the "e-mail" section at control panel

Have you ever configured this email account on the computer before?

If this is the case, this may happen because the newly created profile doesn’t “know” that these messages have been received before by another profile. To prevent this from happening, please make sure to start Outlook at least once with a clean pst-file before reconnecting the old one and setting it as the default delivery location. 

For more information about Outlook downloading duplicate messages from POP account, hopefully you can find the article below helpful:

Outlook is downloading duplicate emails from a POP3 account

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. 

By the way, support for Outlook 2007 ends on October 10, 2017. We'd like to encourage you visit the Product pages to find the best option that will address your requirements for continuous support and security updates.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 9, 2017 9:39 AM
  • Hi fmcrede,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the above reply is helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so that others who might have a similar issue can more easily find the useful information?

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:57 AM