none
Remote Server returned '530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated' RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All kindly help me out. i m using Microsoft Exchange 2010. Due to some configuration i am facing that issue.

I am unable to send email from other domains. My exchange server reject that email with this message.

Remote Server returned '530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated'

if i check the option of anonymous in receive connector then it will also not asking authentication from my domain users.

therefore i unchecked the anonymous option. But now i am unable to get emails from other domains.

Kindly give me any solution i will be very thankful.

Regards,

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:38 AM

All replies

• Dear All kindly help me out. i m using Microsoft Exchange 2010. Due to some configuration i am facing that issue.

I am unable to send email from other domains. My exchange server reject that email with this message.

Remote Server returned '530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated'

if i check the option of anonymous in receive connector then it will also not asking authentication from my domain users.

therefore i unchecked the anonymous option. But now i am unable to get emails from other domains.

Kindly give me any solution i will be very thankful.

Regards,

If that receive connector is accepting messages directly from the internet you have to allow anonymous.

You can't prevent internal users from using that connector unless you scope it to specific IPs, however do not do that unless you have a SMTP gateway that accepts mail for you and you can scope it to that.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, December 12, 2019 3:04 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:49 AM
  • Hi Armghan,

Agree with Andy, if permission on the Receive connector is not proper, we will normally receive this error. Make sure "Anonymous users" is checked under Permission Groups for Receive Connector.

Restart the transport service to test the mail flow.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 3:09 AM
  • Thank You Perry_Pan and Andy David,

If i use "anonymous relay" then it will accept emails without authentication for smtp. therefore i dont want to use this anonymous user.

what configuration for a receive connector that it will not bounce back mail with client was not authenticated.

I was using it. But at moment i m blank what i do with configuration that not accepting inbound mails without anonymous relay.

Any wild guess ?

Thursday, December 12, 2019 5:12 AM
  • Hi Armghan,

As mentioned by our MVP, "Anonymous users" should be selected to receive emails from Internet.

Could I know why you want to authentication before receiving these emails? If you want to limit users from receiving emails to these domains, we can achieve this via other ways, such as remote domain.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 13, 2019 8:38 AM
  • Hi Armghan,

I'm writing to see if there are anything else I can do for you.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, December 16, 2019 1:17 AM