Export PST from Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Support,

We need to export user data in PST to a local drive from Office 365.

The user data includes, Sharepoint data, one drive data and mails.

If pst export is not possible for sharepoint and one drive data, any other format is also okay.

But when I did a content search or ediscovery to export a mailbox content completely, I can only have sender, recipient like options to search. It means I will have separate psts for inbox and sent items.

Last year or so I was able to follow the article below.

https://itgroove.net/kinglou/2017/01/12/export-to-pst-from-office-365/

Now options are changed and I cannot search entire mailbox separately, I have option like sender, recipient, sent ,receive, date etc. Please correct me if I am wrong here. Also let me know regarding below query.

Please let me know any other microsoft or third party free tools to export a complete mailbox as a single pst.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 2:26 PM

All replies

• You don't need to use any of these criteria, they are only used when you want to narrow down the search. The "locations" is what's important, and where you need to provide the user's mailbox and link to his ODFB.
    Wednesday, February 20, 2019 7:36 PM
  • We get 200 GB of file and still export is going on. This user only has 10 GB in inbox.

Kindly let me know the steps to specify the exact location of mailbox.

• Edited by AadamAdmin Thursday, February 21, 2019 5:57 AM
    Thursday, February 21, 2019 5:56 AM
  • Hi AadamAdmin,

Here is a blog provides detailed steps for your reference:

How to export Office 365 mailboxes to PST using eDiscovery

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. And the changes made in the above blog is not supported officially by Microsoft.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 21, 2019 7:40 AM
  • Hi Aadam,

Searching on the web, I found a Linkedin post related to your query

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/export-office-365-pst-outlook-and-live-exchange-server.

Or, you can go with a third party tool like Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager which also helps to export Office 365 mailboxes to PST. It has a free trial version and a good technical support team as well.

VENDOR SHILL!

Consider what a big steaming pile of crap Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager  must be for them to have their employees pose as customers to make phony testimonials.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, February 25, 2019 12:04 AM
  • Can u please also let me know a tool or script to get the item count of a PST file.
    Friday, March 1, 2019 8:08 AM
  • Hi AadamAdmin,

eDiscovery feature will list the item count of a PST file you want to export, as below:

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 1, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Hi AadamAdmin.

Welcome to Microsoft Social Technet Community.

We are here to provide you a better and best solution of your query. 

First, you should try the solution suggested by MVP's (Vasil L. Michev and Niko.Cheng ).

If the issue still persists, then you may go with SysTools Office 365 Export tool (which is a paid solution). With the help of this application, you can easily export entire mailbox from Office 365 to PST file format without getting any error. "NO DATA WILL LOSS". In this tool, you will find many advanced functionality. To know more please visit here: https://www.systoolsgroup.com/office-365/export/

I have used this software earlier for exporting Office 365 emails, contacts and calendar into PST file. It really worked great. So, on the behalf of my personal experience, I would like to suggest you this utility for making the task easier and perfect.

To export mailbox from Office 365 to PST via PowerShell manually, please visit here for eDiscovery PST export method:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/export-office-365-to-pst-9a2f37b2

PS: First, try the trial version and then move further.

Please let me know for further assistance.

Note: If you found the above info helpful, then please do "Marked as Answer". :)

Thanks & Regards,
    Ashish Singh

VENDOR SHILL!

Consider what a big steaming pile of crap Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager  must be for them to have their employees pose as customers to make phony testimonials.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:16 PM
  • To export Office 365 to PST formats, you can get some help from here: https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/export-office-365-to-pst/

VENDOR SHILL!

Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:16 PM
  • Hi to export your PST file to Office 365 you should go for KDETools PST to Office 365 converter. This is the best tool used for exporting PST file format to Office 365. The process is an easy way to export PST file to Office 365.  

VENDOR SHILL!

Consider what a big steaming pile of crap this product must be for them to have their employees pose as customers to make phony testimonials.

Saturday, March 30, 2019 1:29 AM
  • I wrote a guide here.

It's similar to Niko's link, with a critical difference...You need to add Azure AD permissions as well, now, since MS is in process of making changes to things.

What you may want to do is ensure Deduplicate Exchange Data has been selected for your export job. Also make sure you aren't selecting *all* Exchange data and are only selecting individual users for the export. Otherwise the download will be huge.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:48 PM