Blurry Logo in Outlook Email Signature RRS feed

• Question

• I have a logo in my email signature and when I send an email, many times the logo appears blurry to the receiver.  I read that Microsoft had issues a couple of years ago with this.  Has it been fixed?  What do I need to do?  My email is connected  to a Microsoft Exchange server.

Thanks

Friday, September 9, 2011 6:20 PM

Answers

• Sound familiar, try solution here.

blurred images in signature

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchangesvrclients/thread/acbd62d2-dceb-4b81-89de-1ffda3f2f30a

"We had the same problem! There is a glitch in outlook signatures dealing with images. To avoid it: 1. compose your signature in outlook and change the text-wrapping..format>text wrapping. I changed it to behind text. 2. Then the trick is to Ctrl "A"..to select all. 3. Create a new signature and paste it in. The image however will NOT display (don't worry), it will appear when you add your signature to an e-mail. Hope this works for you!"

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Gen Lin Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:20 AM
    Friday, September 9, 2011 7:19 PM
  • I suggest to you that appending images to e-mail messages automatically is generally considered to be rude as it increases the size of the message in the mailbox and server of the receiver.  Beyond that, I'd suggest you post your question to the Outlook forum.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Friday, September 9, 2011 7:11 PM

All replies

• I suggest to you that appending images to e-mail messages automatically is generally considered to be rude as it increases the size of the message in the mailbox and server of the receiver.  Beyond that, I'd suggest you post your question to the Outlook forum.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Friday, September 9, 2011 7:11 PM
  • Sound familiar, try solution here.

blurred images in signature

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchangesvrclients/thread/acbd62d2-dceb-4b81-89de-1ffda3f2f30a

"We had the same problem! There is a glitch in outlook signatures dealing with images. To avoid it: 1. compose your signature in outlook and change the text-wrapping..format>text wrapping. I changed it to behind text. 2. Then the trick is to Ctrl "A"..to select all. 3. Create a new signature and paste it in. The image however will NOT display (don't worry), it will appear when you add your signature to an e-mail. Hope this works for you!"

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    Friday, September 9, 2011 7:19 PM
  • Hi Ed,

I am not sure how many corporate emails you receive, however pretty much most of the companies I get emails from have their logos in the email signature.  As a national company, our logo in the email signature is pretty standard.  I guess I should.  The Microsoft customer service manager walked me through choosing the forum.  I will look for the Outlook forum.

Friday, September 9, 2011 9:32 PM
  • Thanks.  I will try this and post the outcome!
    Friday, September 9, 2011 9:33 PM
  • This fixed it - perfect solution thanks James!!  I have been wondering this for ages and this fixed it!! Much better, now my email signature doesn't look rubbish!!
    Monday, October 1, 2012 2:16 PM
  • Typical engineering response, no social grace and completely out of touch.

Adding a graphic sig is perfectly normal and fine.. I think adding famous quotes or a funnly little saying is the rude part. Just stick with the logo and social icons etc... 

LC

Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:52 PM
  • Thanks James, that's a good solution to the problem but I got stuck with another thing. I am creating an email signature and I have included images. When I wrap the images as "behind text" they over flow out of their cell, so for instance I have the logo as an image in the first column and name, title, contact in the second column. If the image is "in line with text" then there is no problem with the layout but it looks blurry when I send it and if I wrap it as "behind text" then better image but not a good layout, especially in smart phones.

I would really appreciate if you could help me with this situation.

Thanks!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:06 PM
  • Hi Rumman

Did you manage to get a solution to your problem.

Monday, July 28, 2014 2:35 AM
  • That is the most stupid answer Ive hear from someone that is seeking help

your pathetic CROWLEY

sod off kid

Monday, October 13, 2014 3:57 AM
  • http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/your.html

Monday, October 13, 2014 3:01 PM
  • I've had this question for YEARS!  I think I finally figured it out!  For some reason, Outlook does not display signatures the same as normal HTML or other websites.  When you are creating your logo or image for your signature (in Photoshop, for example), you need to set the resolution to 300 dpi (normally for web applications it would be 72 dpi).  You then set the size in inches or cm - for the actual display size - and let the program calculate the pixel size.  The image will end up being MUCH bigger than you would normally set for a website.  Don't worry, save it and then pull it into your signature.  Whaaalaaa!  A nice, crisp, small logo!  Good luck!
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 8:27 PM
  • 96dpi

Outlook will display the images in signatures at 96dpi. So.... Save the images in that resolution and marvel at your new super sharp and crisp looking sigs :)
    Monday, August 24, 2015 12:17 PM
  • Useful Bob...You are a genius!!! Thank you for solving this problem. I have exported my logo upteen times and this worked!! Eureka:)
    Monday, May 16, 2016 6:40 PM
  • Yep, exactly what Bob said. The image needs to be in 96dpi otherwise Outlook will resize it to fit into its standard image size. More info here.
    Friday, September 22, 2017 8:35 AM