none
Where is the offline copy of OneNote synced files from SharePoint? RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seem to find where OneNote (2013) stores synced copy of OneNote files from SharePoint (V2013 /SharePoint Online). I know for local OneNote files it stored under "C:\Users\User\Documents\OneNote Notebooks" (Win 7). Only thing I can trace is the cached files under "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote\15.0".

I'm trying to get SharePoint based OneNote files sync to OneDrive for Business folder so these OneNote files are available across multiple devices including Apple iPad. I know there is a SharePoint App for iOS but trouble is with the SharePoint on premise SSL certificate. "sign in failed - the SharePoint server is using an untrusted ssl certificate which is not supported by this app". :-(

So I was thinking if I could change the location of the synced files. Any suggestions as to where is the offline copy of OneNote synced files from SharePoint are stored would be greatly appreciated!

Also as a workaround like to know if there is any other way of syncing SharePoint on premise based OneNote files across different devices (Window and iOS). Tried Microsoft's OneNote iOS App too - running into SSL certificate issue as well :-(. There got to be a way out there... I know there are smarter geeks out there :-). Appreciate any feedback!

BlueSky2010
    Please help and appreciate others by using forum features: "Propose As Answer", "Vote As Helpful" and "Mark As Answer"

• Edited by BlueSky2010 Wednesday, February 8, 2017 3:21 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 3:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If I understand correctly, the error will occur if you try to open OneNote files which are stored in SharePoint 2013 On-Premise library via IPad OneNote app. Am I right?

Please make sure that your corporate network is VPN to connect.

Also please try to update your app to latest version.

How to open a notebook directly from SharePoint in IPad for your reference:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/descapa/2013/07/05/onenote-for-ipad-iphone-connecting-to-sharepoint-office-365-skydrive-pro/

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:27 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. 

I did check that blog post already - it's a very old post and OneNote features changed since. 

Yes I'm VPN'ed in and the apps I just downloaded from the App store. 

Any other suggestion?

BlueSky2010
    Please help and appreciate others by using forum features: "Propose As Answer", "Vote As Helpful" and "Mark As Answer"

Thursday, February 9, 2017 8:19 PM