none
How to use Portrait and Landscape page orientations on different tabs or pages in same document in Visio 2019? RRS feed

• Question

• Seems like I am unable to utilize portrait page/print orientations on one tab and landscape on another in Visio 2019.  I've googled and read several items and unable to find a solution.  Is this something that isn't possible in 2019?  I don't see a way to create sections or page breaks, etc. so this is possible.  No way to uniquely select specific tabs to then apply orientations and settings only to those tabs/pages.

Thanks for any help.

Monday, March 25, 2019 4:24 PM

All replies

• cross-post with answers
    Tuesday, March 26, 2019 4:14 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for Kuzin's information. Please check the suggestions from the post you asked in the other Forum.

Based on my researching and tests, I can change the page setup and use Portrait and Landscape page orientations on different pages in Visio 2019 according to the article Change the page setup by using Auto Size or selecting size and orientation

In addition, you can specify the paper size and orientation for each page in a multi-page diagram, independent of the other pages. If Auto Size is active, it will make the drawing page match the size and orientation of the printer paper. For more information, please read Change printer paper size or orientation when Auto Size is on.

Hope the information was helpful. If you have any updates, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 5:35 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If the reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 3:17 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Monday, April 8, 2019 1:17 AM
  • You can't just SAY "if Auto Size is active" and leave it at that - When Enabling Auto Size, while on a page, it changes orientation for all pages; there must be a missing step or two.

Please practice complete solution description in your answered for people to understand where you're going with it. DO NOT PRESUME EVERYONE IS ON THE SAME LEVEL OF FAMILIARIZATION AS YOU ARE.

Abe

Friday, July 5, 2019 10:28 PM