none
Unable to add AD groups to audience rules RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having a rather strange problem.
    When adding rules to Audiences, Active directory groups (Except for Domain Users and Domain Admins) can't be added. When I first write the name of the group an presses the validate button, it looks like it's working. The name gets validated and everything seems fine.

When i press "OK", the name gets invalid and the People editor gives me the error message "No exact match was found. Click the item(s) that did not resolve for more options.".

We've got a similar test environment connected to the same active directory where it works perfectly.

We've recently added a new server to the farm and moved central administration to that server.
    I think it was at this time that the problem started.

Any ideas?

Friday, December 9, 2011 8:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What is your SharePoint server’s version? If you didn’t apply the latest hotfix, please install it, then see what’s going on.

In addition, check if the security group name has some special characters, such as space, if so, remove them, then test again.

If applying hotfix doesn’t fix your issue, you can use the following method as a workaround:

1. Create an audience. Use rule ( User member of the particular group ) . Compile the audience and use that in targeting on that web part.

2. Create a SharePoint group. Add the security group in SharePoint group. Use that SharePoint group for targeting on that web part.

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:10 AM