none
Corrupted excel 2007 file assist RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I recently reinstalled win 7 and forgot to back up a few files from my old desktop beforehand, I have used a data recovery tool to get the files but when I try to access them it says they are corrupt, I have tried the few things I can think of like changing the file extensions to various things, open excel in safe mode, excel open and repair. Anyone have any suggestions or know of any programs to fix this? Could really do with getting into this file. Cheers.

Saturday, August 2, 2014 9:57 PM

Answers

• Repair a corrupted workbook manually

Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Open.

1. In the Open dialog box, select the corrupted workbook that you want to open.
    2. Click the arrow next to the Open button, and then click Open and Repair.
    3. Do one of the following:
      • To recover as much of the workbook data as possible, click Repair.
      • To extract values and formulas from the workbook when an attempt to repair the workbook is not successful, click Extract Data.

If this method wasn’t effective in your case, apply Excel Repair Toolbox offered here are highly advanced and have strong built in data recovery algorithm that can produce desired results. By using this user can perform quick and accurate recovery of corrupt .XLS and .XLSX files.

Features of Excel Recovery Software-

• Recovers all types of Excel data with full accuracy.
    • Recovers multiple .XLS and .XLSX files.
    • Maintains data integrity of the original file after repairing the damaged Excel sheets.

Visit:- http://www.excelrepairtoolbox.com/
    • Marked as answer by basilthomas38 Sunday, August 3, 2014 2:15 AM
    Sunday, August 3, 2014 12:30 AM