none
Need a way to show search box to anonymous users accessing a team site library RRS feed

• Question

• I've provided anonymous users read access to a Sharepoint Online library that I set up.  What I want to have happen is when non-logged in users go to the anonymous link to the library, they will also have a search box that allows them to search the library.  However there is no search box visible for anon users.

Sunday, December 24, 2017 11:37 PM

All replies

• Search box will be available to anonymous users with view only access . You were talking about find a file search box in document library correct? Are you using classic mode?. Please let me know.

Thanks

Naveen

Monday, December 25, 2017 2:28 AM
  • Correct, there is no search box when looking at the anonymous view.  I'll paste a screengrab as soon as my account is verified.  I am not using classic mode, using new experience instead.  
    Tuesday, December 26, 2017 12:47 AM
  • In modern experience search is in top left corner. It doesn't say find a file though and it's contextual and delivers results like a drop down. Please let me know

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 1:42 AM
  • Once I can post a screen shot it may make more sense.  But the anon view looks just like yours above except that there is no left column/sidebar below "Office 365", the screen display starts at the blank logo box where Contoso....etc is above
    Tuesday, December 26, 2017 3:45 AM
  • This is what I see when I access the librarythrough the anonymous link:

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 9:08 PM