none
Office Home and Business 2010 Refurbisher RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the bit of a pickle here, I have a laptop I received from a referbisher, and during setup of windows 10 it mucked up my account settings, so I should reinstall, problem is I don't have the ISO, or cd to do so. The ms site doesn't work cause it's a vl refurbish key, so I can't download it myself. I tried contacting the place I got it, but have had no responce. I am a tech myself, but I don't have access to the VL catalogue to gram the iso or download. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do, it's X20-46889 on the sticker.
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 11:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, Office Home and Business 2010 is a retail version of Office. Generally, you can install Office 2010 from a disc or by downloading it and activate it with your product key.  If you have valid product key, you can download Office 2010 from the page Download Earlier Versions of Office.

I did find out X20-46889 on the sticker in the picture above. The sticker is the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) label is used on the outside of the retail boxed software and explains what the product is, its country of intended use and country of origin. 

Please confirm your product key type and which product it's for. If you have Office Home and Business 2010 refurbishment installed on you computer you need to go back to refurbishment place and get a copy of the media, under the refurbishment agreement they are suppose to supply both the Windows and Office media with a print or electronic copy of the CD keys.

If it's a volume licensed product key, you need to contact Volume Licensing Service Center supportfor help. You can also Contact Microsoft support directly for assistance.

If you have any updates, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 2:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, Office Home and Business 2010 is a retail version of Office. Generally, you can install Office 2010 from a disc or by downloading it and activate it with your product key.  If you have valid product key, you can download Office 2010 from the page Download Earlier Versions of Office.

I did find out X20-46889 on the sticker in the picture above. The sticker is the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) label is used on the outside of the retail boxed software and explains what the product is, its country of intended use and country of origin. 

Please confirm your product key type and which product it's for. If you have Office Home and Business 2010 refurbishment installed on you computer you need to go back to refurbishment place and get a copy of the media, under the refurbishment agreement they are suppose to supply both the Windows and Office media with a print or electronic copy of the CD keys.

If it's a volume licensed product key, you need to contact Volume Licensing Service Center supportfor help. You can also Contact Microsoft support directly for assistance.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 2:13 AM
  • Hi,

Best Regards,

Herb

That's the one, I tried the "download earlier versions of office" with the key and it said it was available, The product key says "Microsoft Office 2010 Single Use. It was already installed on the laptop when I got it, so I thinking it's probably a VL key, as the normal download way doesn't work, MS said to contact the company, but I yet to hear an answer from them.

• Edited by Stedmister Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:21 AM
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:14 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your response. Hope you could get assistance from the refurber soon. If you have any updates or anything unclear, feel free to post back to tell us.

Best Regards,

Herb

Friday, June 28, 2019 8:36 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Friday, July 5, 2019 1:23 AM
  • After several chats with MS I was able to obtain the installation file, and test it
    Friday, July 5, 2019 1:28 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your kind response. If you have resolved the problem, please mark your reply as answer to help other community members who are facing similar issues.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Best Regards,

Herb

Friday, July 5, 2019 1:40 AM