none
LegacyDN info being displayed on Printed emails and print preview in Outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i have a problem with Outlook 2013.

When people are printing emails or print previewing emails, at the top of the mail where it should say the persons name, it is instead showing the LegacyDN information of the old 2003 mailserver.

As shown here:

I have tried updating the exchange server to SP2 update Rollup 6 as suggested in a previous MS post but this has not solved the issue, all users are using Cached Exchange mode and the issue SEEMS to sort itself if you switch to online mode

The problem is not affecting any of my Outlook 2010 clients.

We are fully Exchange 2010 with no legacy Exchange.

Monday, April 15, 2013 8:03 AM

All replies

• Please create a new profile to re-download OAB to check the result. Thanks.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:57 AM
  • Hi Tony, already tried recreating the users mail profile, and it initially appears fine but after several minutes its reverts back to the above error.

I have also tried a manual redownload of the OAB on the users machine to no avail.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:42 AM
  • You can provide the Simple Display Name on User mailbox in EMC, Update the OAB, and restart the FDS service on CAS and then try downloading the OAB.

Note : Simple Display Name which is by default not populated. AD Attribute for the same is DisplayNamePrintable which is not set.

Friday, May 10, 2013 12:27 AM
  • Hi Ritchie,

We are getting exactly the same issue here for a couple of our users who were upgraded from Office 2010 to Office 2013.

I have tried exactly the same things as you as well as setting the Simple Display Name. We were on Exchange 2010 SP2 CU6 but have upgraded to SP3 to see if that helps - it didn't.

Have you had any luck cracking this?

Darren

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:58 AM
  • I have the same Exact issue. Any updates on this.

In my case it is appearing in Outlook 2010 and 2013. I am on Exchange 2010 SP3.

Galal

Monday, November 11, 2013 9:22 PM