none
SharePoint Ticket Tracking Send an Email to multiple recipients based on Radio Button Selection RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SharePoint Ticket Tracking list and form.

I have it set for the notification email to go to an email address using the default OOB:

The content of this item will be sent as an e-mail message to the person or group assigned to the item.

But that doesn't do what I need.

I need to have the notification email sent to particular email addresses based on which radio button the user selects.

If they select "Strat" then the email goes to bb@B.com and cc@B.com; if they select "Home" then the email goes to dd@B.com and ee@B.com

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Gee

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Gee,

You can select "choices, comma delimited" for return field as section to get all checked options in the multiple choices column.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Gee,

The OOB Alert in the list cannot send email based on the column value selected in the item.

As a workaround, you can create a workflow associated with this list, and use If condition to check the value of radio button and send emails to relevant users.

Then set the workflow start options as “start workflow automatically when an item is created/changed”.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:50 AM
  • Thank you for the response.

I had thought of that, but I wanted the email with the data in the body in it to go to the recipients, rather than just an email with what ever I put into the body.

Is there a way to send the field contents with that email?

Gee

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:25 PM
  • Hi Gee,

In the workflow, send email action can add current item column data in the email body as below:

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:35 AM
  • Hi Gee,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Monday, November 25, 2019 2:06 AM
  • Hello, 

Getting closer.

If I have:

Vegetables:  [%Current Item:Vegetables%]

and it is an allow multiple check boxes, it is not giving me the group, like it should be

Vegetables:  Broccoli, cauliflower

Gee

• Edited by GretaF Tuesday, November 26, 2019 8:12 PM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:38 PM
  • Hi Gee,

You can select "choices, comma delimited" for return field as section to get all checked options in the multiple choices column.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:02 AM
  • Hi Gee,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Monday, December 2, 2019 8:37 AM
  • Hi Gee,

Thanks for marking my reply as answer. I’m pleased to know that the information is helpful to you. I hope you are delighted with the service we provided you.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[SharePoint Ticket Tracking Send an Email to multiple recipients based on Radio Button Selection ]

Environment

====================

SharePoint 2013 

Question

====================

Gee needs to have the notification email with the data in the email body, and send to particular email addresses based on which radio button the user selects.

Analysis (solution)

====================

I provide a workaround is to create a workflow associated with this list, and use If condition to check the value of radio button and send emails to relevant users.

In the send email action can add current item column data in the email body:

If the data is multiple checkbox column , we can select "choices, comma delimited" for return field as section to get all checked options in the multiple choices column.

Finally, set the workflow start options as “start workflow automatically when an item is created/changed”.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Thursday, December 5, 2019 8:28 AM